Chapter 5

Obi-Wan lets out a sigh, rubbing his eyes. It's useless. Though it's quiet, he can't concentration. All he can think about is what happened in that training room and the power Luke had. After their fight, Obi-Wan retired to his room to meditate on what he should do. He needs guidance from the masters of the past, specifically Qui-Gon. They would know how to train Luke.

He looks down at his hands, slightly shaking his head. He can still feel the anger coursing through Luke. They're connected in the Force, especially at this moment. Today, Luke made him relive his greatest nightmare. His stomach dropped and an unnatural amount of fear entered his body as he looked into the young boy's eyes.

Was that Anakin or only his imagination?

Over the years, Obi-Wan has been able to spot Anakin in both of the twins. Typically, the similarities are nothing more than Anakin's mannerisms. Leia furrows her eyebrows like he would when he was concentrating. She also has a terrible habit of biting her nails when she's anxious. Luke inherited Anakin's tendency to daydream and unconsciously mess with his hair when he's talking.

But Luke is so much like Anakin that Obi-Wan has to stop himself from accidentally calling him his father's name almost daily.

Not only does he look like a carbon copy of the padawan Obi-Wan loved, but he feels emotions deeply just like him too. Most people brush Luke off, saying he's a sensitive kid and not to worry about it, but Obi-Wan knows much better. It's the Force working through him, just like his father.

Thankfully in Luke's case, Obi-Wan was able to work with him through these feelings from when he was a toddler. He knows the signs of when he's angry or sad and how to help Luke handle them. If only Anakin could have been found that early. But it would have made a difference? Would the outcome have changed if he knew how to control his emotions?

Accepting that he can't change the past, Obi-Wan decided to learn from his mistake. He wouldn't let his failure with Anakin happen to Luke or Leia. He's sworn to dedicate his entire life to making sure of it. These two precious children will not fall into a life of pain and suffering like their father if he has anything to do with it.

He doesn't care if he has to travel across the galaxy to make it happen. He will do whatever it takes to keep them safe, to keep Anakin's children safe.

Obi-Wan rises to his feet, his knees aching. He has to remind himself that he's not the man he once was. He tries to stay in shape, but it only prolongs the inevitable. He's starting to grow old and needs to accept it. He feels more pain in his joints than before. His hair has almost lost all of its color and is now a light gray. He doesn't even want to think about all of the wrinkles he now has on his forehead.

He exits his room, seeing all of the rebel members wandering the halls. Padmé's meeting must be over. He wants to go and see her and ask how it went. He wants to be there to make sure that she's okay. But first, he has to deal with Luke.

He goes to the boy's room and knocks on the door. There's no reply, but he knows Luke is in there. After the fight they've had, there's nowhere else he would be. His room is a safe zone where he feels okay to express his emotions.

Obi-Wan knocks again. He is not going to leave until he talks to Luke. He doesn't want to go too long without communicating with him. They need to talk this out before things get worse. He can't let Luke slip away from him. Thankfully, he doesn't have to knock a third time because Luke calls for him to enter.

When he opens the door, he's startled at first. It's common for the twins to be together, but he can sense their unease through the Force. They're up to something or were up to something. "Leia, I wasn't expecting to find you in here." He says.