Chapter 12

Leia groans, laying on her back. "Don't you ever shut up?" She asks, covering her blushing face.

"What? I just want to know about you and Han." Valora says. She jumps onto the bed next to Leia. Though the bed is made for one person, the two of them make it work. She pulls on one of Leia's braids, trying to get her attention. "I mean, it's so obvious that you two have a thing for each other."

"We do not have a thing," Leia grumbles, peeking out from her hands.

"Oh, you do too." Valora scoffs, softly pushing Leia. "I'm pretty sure you're the only reason he's still around. I mean, he could be anywhere in the galaxy right now with the credits you gave him, and yet he chooses to be here."

"He and Luke are good friends now. Ever think that maybe he talked him into staying and helping?"

"Luke is pretty good at persuading people to join the rebellion, I'll give you that." Valora agrees. Leia removes her hands from her face, confident that her cheeks are no longer red from embarrassment. Valora lets out a sigh, blowing her blonde wisps from her face. "So if you're not with Han, can I have him?"

"Go for it," Leia says, waving at her.

Valora laughs, holding onto her stomach. "That only further proves my point."

"How?" Leia grins, turning to face her.

"I don't know, it just does." She replies with a smile. "I know you like him. Just admit it and I'll drop the subject."

"I won't admit that I like him!" Leia scoffs, feeling her cheeks heat again. "I've never been a liar, and I'm not starting today."

"You're lying right now!"

Leia's comlink buzzes on her wrist. She sits up, tossing her braids over her shoulder. "Sorry, my mother is calling. Guess this conversation will have to end here." She smirks.

"We'll just continue it when you get back." Valora fires back. Leia playfully groans and pushes her, making Valora laugh. "I won't let you get away that easy. This is the first time we're talking about boys and it doesn't involve me."

"Whatever. Just get out of my room." Leia says. She opens her door, gesturing for Valora to leave. Valora rolls off of the bed and marches to the door. She sticks her tongue out at Leia and quickly exits. Leia wants to wipe the smug smile off of her best friend's face but decides it isn't worth the effort.

She makes her way to the meeting room. When she enters, she sees her mother and Obi-Wan talking amongst themselves with hushed voices. They drop their conversation when their eyes land on her. "There you are," Padmé smiles. She looks over Leia's shoulder. "Where's Luke?"

She shrugs. "I don't know. Probably somewhere in the hangar bay."

As if on cue, her twin brother enters. "Sorry. I got here as fast as I could."

"Right on time." Padmé smiles. The four of them gather in a small circle, waiting to hear their instructions. It's evident that there is some type of mission for them. That's usually the case whenever they get called nowadays. "There's been a rumor that the Empire is planning to overtake Ryloth. We need to send you to go and try to warn the civilians. We'll have shuttles ready for them to board if they need a way off of the planet."

"So what exactly are we doing?" Luke asks. Though he's been on plenty of mission over the past few years, this isn't quite what he's used to. This is more of Leia's speed. He's usually the one to go and seek out the danger, putting an end to it with his lightsaber. Leia typically gets civilians to safety from the people he attacks.