Chapter 5 - Apologies

"Y-yeah... like that."

Ink commented as Error did a swing with the stick once again. They didn't exchange words too much. None of them talking about last night. Ink's mind was plagued by the matter though.

"I think that's enough." Error said as he placed down the item and walked towards the window.

They need to know anything about the orb but... how would they even do it? It could be quite strange to ask out of the blue. He was debating whether to let Ink handle that part of the job but decided against it.

He didn't... trust the other being able to do it. He'll probably mess it up and Error has to clean after him. He'd handle it himself. He'll get around it eventually. They just finished breakfast and that was annoying as it seems so slow for the morning to turn noon.

He looked at his hand as he remembered Ink's suggestion.

His Haphephobia... they do need to do something about it. He looked back to see that the artist hadn't move from the spot on the bed. He's completely enraptured in picking at the loose fabric.

He knew that the other was completely in another world, thinking and worrying about his friends. How their Multiverse is and such. Now that Error had thought about it, this accident was merely a vacation to him. He just have to pretend and not kill anomalies here endlessly. He doesn't have to hear the voices telling him to eradicate them. He's completely off the duty and he couldn't see how Ink was so paranoid about it. He should be enjoying himself!

He shivered from the wind coming from outside. It was definitely colder. Was it going to snow? He just have to see it for himself. He looked at Ink but he was clearly out of it.

"Ink." The other looked at him with a blank look. "Can we work on something else?"

Ink was slow to respond as he tried to find something else, fear of getting it wrong flashing in his eye lights in a brief moment. "We could... we... could work on your... Haphephobia...?"

Seriously, what's with him being fearful or some shit? The artist even had the guts to steal his food yesterday, being all high and mighty and now acting like a wounded puppy. He moved to the bed and sat down on it, cross-legged.

"What should we do now?" He's encouraging the shorter one to be his usual self.

It was unnerving Error of the other's sudden shyness and quiet. Was his comment yesterday really that harsh?

"We could start with fingers." Ink said and held out his right hand.

His fingers stretched, palm back as he waited for Error to mirror his actions. Error's gaze flickered from the other's eye lights then back to the hand. He was afraid that he'd crash right then and there. Ink gave him a comforting smile.

"It's okay. Take your time."

Error held out his left hand and did the same action and slowly, slowly let his fingertips touch Ink's. His breath stopping and vision turning black but he pushed it all back. Fighting the consuming darkness and so he found his vision clearing. Adjusting and he could see clearly, yellow finger tips meeting pristine white ones. The touch was oddly... comfortable. Everytime someone touch him back then, they mean harm.

Without his awareness, his hand straightened and the other mirrored it as they touched once again. Error was seeking this warmth. He let his fingers interlaced with Ink's.

"Ho-how is it?" Ink asked worriedly to Error's silence.

"It's warm... comforting..." Error mumbled as he observed it while keeping the dark from invading his vision.