Chapter 39 - Looking Forward

"i will assume that you persuaded the King."

'Have you ever doubt me?' Martial teased as he sat down beside S, reading beside him.

He placed Arthur on the ground.

He doesn't care what was written in the book since even if he didn't know, S would be there to help. He could solve puzzles fast too. It made Martial's life easier.

"that time you buried yourself under the snow... i slightly doubt your capabilities."

'I cannot gather my thoughts and ended up hiding as fast as I could.'

"whichever that will keep your pride intact."

He shoved the other to the side and crawled away before S could get him. He decided to stay on the floor, curling up and sighing. It's cold but he's too comfortable to get up. He felt a foot nudged his side but he only rolled himself to his back and shook his head. He looked at S who was only looking back with hands in his pockets.

'Won't you be good and help me up?'

"you? no, that requires alot of energy and i'm tired. a few... sweets will be good." S retreated and walked to a couch, plooping himself on it and grabbing the only pillow with a zipper.

Martial's eye sockets widened and his mind screamed at him to get up but his body was too comfortable that it took him three seconds to listen and do it properly.

S opened the pillow and grabbed the hidden stash of caramel inside. He opened it, more like, tearing the container. He got one and sloely opened the wrapper.

If Martial could speak, he'd be shrieking like a banshee right now. Seventh stood up and ran as fast as he could to the couch. His soul pounded at the sound of the wrapper being opened and S slowly bringing it to his mouth. He threw himself at the last moment and came crashing down to S and knocking the couch over by sheer force. Thankfully, the caramel was still in S's grasp so he snatched it and ate it. S was looking under him with a blank face. Martial got off on top of him and mourn at the torn container before eating the rest.

They heard footsteps and watched the servants arrived in the floor. The guards stared at S, still lying down the knocked over couch and Martial munching on his caramels.

"Sir..." The head maid said with a soft-scolding look.

Martial looked at her. 'Don't look at me...' He glanced at his friend who was looking at him too. 'Look at S.'

"me?!" S shouted incredulously before standing up. "i'm going to bed and i'm taking arthur to my room." He grabbed the bear which was lying on the floor.

Martial just watch him leave and shrugged. Well, it's not his fault. He can have Arthur... wait...

He stood up quickly that it almost gave him a headache before running off, scaring some of the guards and servants.

---...---

"So... anything at all?" Dream asked his brother as they talked on the Star Sanses's base.

It might be a bad idea to lead them here but they'd rather sit on a comfy place and that was beside the real problem right now.