Chapter 10 - Seventh General

"Bye..."

The door closed and Ink waited for the footsteps to disappear. As it faded, Ink stood up and checked for everything he could bring but found none. He hid the collar once more with his dress shirt collar and opened the door. He felt for his pockets and found the map. He wasn't that far from their original room but he wasn't going there, he's going to the changing room.

As he reached the third floor changing room, the door opened and a maid exited the room. Ink didn't think twice to hide to the other hallway. Waiting for the footsteps to disappear, he wasn't going to argue that he looked like an idiot hiding here. Once the coast is clear, he walked fast to the room.

The room was the same as he remember it and that was only yesterday. He grabbed the box, untouched from the corner and wore the dress. He didn't really like it but what can he do? He sighed and twirled around the mirror to check for any mistakes but found none. He tucked the box to the corner. He grabbed for the first aid kit and the cotton gauze then taped it over the ink splotch.

"That's better..."

He walked out the room, confident of his disguise. He aimlessly walk until a group of maids told him to help them bring the clothes to the laundry. Ink briefly wondered where his clothes were. Does it really looked like rag that it was put on the slaves section?

The women giggled and whispered to themselves about the delicious meal yesterday while Ink fall back behind. Although there are maids and butlers, they were more of the serving type and clean easy places. Slaves were divided in cleaning, cooking and other duties but they were given the hard works like keeping the furnace working by standing infront the blazing heat or cleaning high parts of the towers like ceiling and such. Once they dumped and separated the clothes, the slaves will clean it for them.

Ink exited the laundry room with a slight hate. Before he could register it, he was pulled by one butler and requested him to look out for the slaves cleaning the ceiling sparkly clean. He only nodded but the man didn't seem to see him and so with his poorly imitation of a woman voice he answered.

"Of course." Ink cringed.

He might have squeaked somewhere in his words but the butler paid no mind and leave him. He sighed and saw how the slaves look like a bag of bones. He really feels bad.

"What?"

Bells rang around the place and distant calls for breakfast. The slaves didn't make a move. Continued cleaning as the maids and butlers started walking in one direction. The guards weren't moving too.

They don't eat together, huh?

Ink shrugged and made his way to the direction of the servants. He felt himself relaxed at the thought of food and hopefully, the food could pass as edible to him. They reached the first floor and down to another stairs. There wasn't much light and lit up by torches around the stairs.

It wasn't what he expected. He expected a long table and such but to see individual tables which were not enough left Ink worried for the standing ones. Ink took some of the food and ate it, sitting on one of the chairs but it made him feel bad.

Ink's eye sockets widened when he spotted someone from the crowd. He felt bad for sitting down but could only stare. He choked from the water but dismissed it as he began wolfing down the food as quick as possible. He looked up again and started to stand up because apparently Blue spotted him.