chapter 9

I know he said that he didn't want to do anything on his birthday I was really taken aback. it was supposed to be celebrated with friends and family and i wasn't going to let it go without him knowing how special he is. I finished off the dishes and as i was climbing the stairs Ace came through the entrance. I was so happy to see him that i ran as fast as i could and jumped at him . He must have been surprised since we both fell to the ground. we laughed about it then stood , went to the living room and we talked for sometime but he looked tired. i told him he needed some sleep and so did I. we hugged and I left to go king's room but i found him asleep. i stripped into my pajamas and slipped into bed snuggling against his chest since he was so warm . i felt a hand snark through my waist and pulled me to him laying his head on my neck and kiss me on my neck. i smiled and drifted to sleep.

The next morning i woke up feeling very cold searching for him but he wasn't in bed. then the door to the bathroom opened and he came out but he looked so sad and rather depressed. i left the bed and went to hug him, i succeeded to distract him from his sour mood when i kissed him but he quickly pulled away so he could head to the wardrobe to change into clothes. he came back and pecked my lips then told me not to wait up for him since he wasn't going to come back that early. i was sad since i wanted to spend the whole day with him with him. he kissed for the last time and left .

He kept true to his words, the whole day i did not see him even when i waited for him till midnight. i was tired and the exhaustion was getting to me so i decided to got to sleep. As i sleep a little later a loud sound as if someone had dropped something woke me up from my sleep. I scanned the room then my eyes drifted to king's side of the bed and realized that he had not yet returned home. i woke up from bed and went into the living and there he was looking like he was drunk judging from his state.

I went to him and tried to help him up to our room and stripped him of his clothes which proved to be difficult as every time he was trying to kiss me and touch me. after i succeeded I Laid him in bed and went to sleep in my room as i was angry at him for leaving me the whole day only to come back drunk.

In the morning i woke up early to make breakfast . as i was finishing up the last pancake Ace came in and started to dig in. i had a very sad expression in my face and i think he noticed since he asked what was going on with me and at first i didn't want to talk about it but he was always such a good listener and was very helpful when i was sad. so i told him about king and how he acted yesterday and i was pretty hurt that he doesn't trust me enough to tell me what was bothering him. He told that i should give him some space and try to understand him for the time being and to stop assuming thing i am not sure about.

Then i told him about how today was his birthday and how i was planning to surprise him. he said that was not a very good idea since he doesn't like celebrating his birthday. But i thought that was ridiculous and still insisted to surprise him so i asked him if he could help me buy the decorations. he was reluctant at first but agreed at the end. 

I went to check on him but as usual he wasn't in bed and suddenly he appeared from the closet all dressed like he was going somewhere. he just looked at me then told me he was going to attend some business and would be back later then he left. no kiss , no hug , no nothing, i was sad but I shook of that sad feeling and remember i had a cake to bake.

later i was done baking  the cake and the decorations were in place. Ace helped out but not so much since his lack of enthusiasm was a buzzkill. i then heard his car as it arrived and run to hide behind the counter. he came inside the kitchen and i leaped from the counter and popped the party popper and screamed happy birthday.

Octavius' POV   

I looked at the scene before me with all the decorations and then the cake then my eyes drifted to Mia. she was behind the counter smiling at me. anger bubbled within me and i let it out " what do you  think your doing huh didn't i tel you not to try anything and look like you ever listen and went ahead and did it anyway". I walked towards the decorations and yanked them off. "when are you going to get it into your thick skull huh! that i don't ever celebrate my birthday you know what get rid of this garbage right away". her eyes filled with tears which she held back not wanting them to fall and said "Am sorry this thick skull didn't understand your message but i was trying to show you that i care for you and wanted you to cherish your day ! is that so wrong huh!"

"i didn't ask for any of this and certainly didn't ask for you to care . this is the worst day of my life and you want me cherish this bad day to me huh!". I left the room but not before hearing her small soft cries.

To be continued ..........❤❤😉😉😉