chapter 10

Mia's pov

I was hurt by his words. And i knew Ace was right i shouldn't have pushed on with my plans which until now backfired in my face. hot tears streamed down from my eyes blinding my vision as i tried to get rid of the decorations. Ace came in the kitchen then paused to scan the situation then looked at me "looks like it didn't turn out well". i looked at him and as he came to me and hugged me, i cried more and more. "you were right i was so stubborn and excited i didn't listen to you". He tried to calm me down but i couldn't I felt horrible, when he asked me what happened I tried to explain to him but i kept on crying till when i was done explaining to him what happened. Suddenly he got angry and stood up, i was confused why was he angry then he said it wasn't right what king did to me and said to me, since i worked really hard to try to show him that I care for him. I pleaded with him not to go say anything to him but he refused and left.

I went to the kitchen counter threw away the decorations in the trashcan and decided i would get rid of the cake later right now i couldn't stand to be here. i ran into one of the guestrooms and closed the door sinking into the floor to proceed with crying. i was trying to hide from him because if Ace really goes to talk to him it will fuel his anger which he'll try to find me to yell at me again.

Octavius' pov

I was in my office trying to cool my anger. After sometime i started to think of what happened in the kitchen. Then Mia smiling face and how excited she looked when wishing me happy birthday. fuck! i knew i blew, why do i always act like a fucking idiot and just ruin things up. My past has nothing to do with her. She told me she was trying to show me that she cared for and i for once threw all her efforts in her face. Her emotions are vulnerable and i knew what i said really hurt her and i didn't deserve her at all. What hurt me  most and made me feel so guilty is when i remember her soft cries as i left, gosh! am a jerk! .Then Ace barged in before i could start explaining myself he punched in straight in the face. it hurt but i knew i deserved it since i was a dick to her sister. "you know she really love you and wanted to show that she cares for you and your not alone but you had to be a jerk to her and now she's really hurt, it either you fix this or stay away from her for good and stop hurting her''and he left.

I left my office to go to the kitchen expecting to find her there but there was no one and the decoration were gone so was the cake. i felt really bad that i did this and remembered i told her to get rid of everything and she did. i tried putting back everything in place and thanked god she didn't throw the cake away. when i was done i went up to her room to try to talk to her but she wasn't there at first i panicked thinking maybe she left but after calling the guards they said no one had left the premises. i searched each guest room till when i heard soft cries against one of the guestroom doors . i moved and laid down on the floor my back against the door as i listened as she cried then i spoke "Mia i know i screwed up but could you please open the door so we could talk". then she stopped crying and said "your not gonna yell at me again are you ? ". i sighed hurt that she thought i would yell at her again but i know i deserved it. i said to her that i only wanted to talk then I heard shuffling and the door opened since i forgot that i was leaning against the door, when she opened the door i fell into the room and groaned . she looked at me from where i was standing and tried to help me up. When i was up i hugged and mummer am sorry so many times to her hoping she would forgive me but this made her cry more. we stood there for sometime with me trying to calm her down as she cried on my chest. 

After some time she calmed down and i carried her to the bed and we sat with her on my lap. we looked at each other i knew i had to tell why i did what i did. "Am sorry for what i did and what i said. I didn't mean to hurt you in anyway but its just today isn't the most best days of my life and if i celebrated it. i would feel like i was mocking the dead". she must have sensed how sad i was become she held my cheek and with her soft warm touch i leaned on to it. " lets just says the day i was born my life was traded for another life meaning my mother died while giving birth to me, so i didn't even get to meet to meet her. but the worst was that my dad blamed me for killing the love of his life saying if I wasn't born she would have been here and that is how i felt everyday of my life when this date came. but later on my dad kinda moved on since he married some one else . her name was Mona and she was really nice to me also was her son who was younger than me but my dad never really approved how they treated me so well. at the time we were rich and my dad was partners with Leon's dad but he was so jealous of my father's success that he planned the fire that killed my family but i survived since when it happened i was at a friend's house. Leon's dad stripped me of my inheritance but that did not matter to me because i knew i would get back at them one day"  

When i stopped talking i felt her pulling me into a hug and telling me she was sorry for being inconsiderate and didn't think about my feeling. i pulled away from the hug and kissed her. it was a slow deep kiss pouring all of my emotions into the kiss. After some time we pulled away from each other to catch our breaths. she held my face and told me "I know you must be blaming yourself for your mother death but that is not right because she wouldn't want you to blame yourself. what she want is for you to cherish the gift of life she gave you and be happy and always remember she would always love you. so please stop blaming yourself because if i was a mother too i would sacrifice my life to save my own baby too so, stop feeling bad about yourself or today" 

Then she kissed me but just a peck. as i looked at her i told myself why did I do to deserve such a beautiful soul, so i kissed her then carried her to the kitchen at first she was confused at where we were going then she looked at the kitchen . I told her that I put back everything in place so we could celebrate together, we moved toward the counter then placed her on one of the kitchen stools. i brought the cake to us and took a piece and gave it to Mia and she did the same but later it turned in to a icing fight. Later we decided to sit and watch my favorite movie with some popcorn. But while watching the movie i felt her looking at me and it was distracting so i asked her what was wrong but she just smiled as said i still had icing at the side of my lip then she moved and sat on my lap. She swiped her finger on the side of my lip then bent to kiss me then pulled away smiling at me, as she tried to move away from my lap i held her by the waist to prevent her from moving away, i looked at  her eyes and smiled at her. " you know your very important to me and i would never ever try to hurt you ever again". then i kissed her but she pulled away jumping from my lap then pulling me to our room saying she had a surprise for me but i pulled her to me and said i didn't need anything and that her being mine was enough but she was stubborn and insisted we go to our room for my gift. 

When we arrived she stopped pulling my hand and walked to the bed then bent to pull a box from under the bed and gave it to me. she looked excited for me to open the box . i smiled and opened it and inside was a watch engraved with our names and a heart at the back of the watch. i loved it then I realized that how a jerk i was what i did to her earlier. i placed my gift on the side table then walked up to her and captured her lips in a kiss at first she was shocked so didn't respond but then she kissed me back . i slowly walked back with her till we reached the bed and i carried her placing her gently on the bed without breaking the kiss. i spread her legs to make a space for myself as i was kissing her.