chapter 28

Mia's pov

I spent most of the afternoon crying my eyes out. I didn't want to talk to anyone and I thank that Octavius understood that but he later sent for Linda. she was quiet helpful in calming me down. when I was all calmed out. I left to find him since I needed to also know who he was holding up, I was surprised by the new faces I saw in his office but I spotted Ace among them. "hey Ace am looking for king have you seen him", he looked worried but he wiped off that expression from his face. "he might be in the liquor room". I left in a hurry to find him. when I went in there he was alone with a glass downing it down and trying to refill it. I went to him and stopped him from pouring the drink again. I mean this was hardly the time to get drunk but when he looked at me. the fear and misery was in his eyes and I froze. "whats wrong?" i held his face in my hands , he moved to hold my hands ."am sorry this is all my fault I wasn't careful or took any precautions to keep you all safe and now our son his....". My heart called out to him, he should know he is not at fault here and the only one to blame is Leon since he made my two months with him hell and his father and am sure he too made king's life a little hell to. "its not your fault and you shouldn't blame yourself okay , am sure we will get Jason back safe with us again". he sighed then stood to hug me placing my check next to his chest so I could hear his heartbeat. "his wants money in exchange for our son". I immediately pulled back to look at him. "but why he has money already why ask you for it?". "they freezed his accounts so he could no access them while he flee so he wants money, I think he's planning to flee the country or something". I wasn't surprised if I were in his shoes I would flee too . I mean spending my whole life in jail is a bummer. "how much is he asking?". like it was nothing he answered,"20 million dollars transferred into an account this evening while we make the exchange". my eyes went wide open from the amount of money that sick son of a bitch was asking for. "but I don't have that kind of money". I panicked for a second forgetting I was standing next to a billionaire. he hugged me again and placed a kiss on my forehead. "listen the money is no issue, we will have our son back but I have to finish this business with Leon once and for all". Sensing something I asked. "How are you going to do that". he didn't say anything or explain himself much either but only said "I am gonna go alone with some of my men and get our son and deal with Leon". I was scared especially on the [art where he said he was going to deal with Leon.

I pulled back but still holding onto him as I looked into his eyes, "then am going with you too okay!". "no! absolutely not I dont want you anywhere near there, I want you here and safe away from it all. Now I was angry since he had no right to tell me what to do, I mean yeah! I get it that he wants to keep me safe but I want to all help or be there when we get our son. "Am going with you and that final", I had already pulled out of his embrace. He sighed then held my hands , "okay you can come but you will stay in the car and wait okay! no trying anything heroic okay!". I nodded while looking at him. "i mean it Mia I dont want any come harm to come upon you or our son okay!". then he kissed me but it was just a peck but then he looked at me for a second and he kissed me again but this time it was a desperate kiss. when we pulled back, he pulled me to him and said "something bad might happen tonight and I might not get another chance to tell you this but I love you so much and hope you never , ever forget this okay!". those words scared me they were like the last words of a dying man or someone who knew he might not come back. "why are you saying that, just dont okay your scaring me". he just smiled then kissed me for the last time and held my hand leading us out of the room to the study where the men were preparing to leave. 

I saw him tuck a gun away and that now really scared me. I was against killing anyone even though how much they deserved it. he led me to the car where 20 of his men got into the other care while I , Ace and king got into another car and sped away. we arrived at this abandoned house and before I could go out . king told me to stay but I wanted to protest then I remember what I had promised him.

Octavius' pov

I was to make the transaction as soon as we meet him. As we parked our car outside the house I made sure that my men where already in position so as to surround the area , I was sure he had his men with him and didn't want to take any chances. I came out of the car but not before warning Mia to not get involved. I called Leon number to tell him we where already here. After waiting for some time he came out while holding my son's hand and pointing a gun to his head. and as predicted his men followed him from behind while holding their guns.

"daddy" My son called out to me while trying to run to me but Leon pulled him back."no daddy yet till when he has paid up so pay up right now!". I was angry but had to keep it in as I reached for my phone and accessed my bank account. My tech team had to make sure as soon as the money was in his bank account. they would wait for sometime then transfer it back to me but I had to make sure he doesn't notice this until my son is safe in my arms.

"change of plan Leon I give you half of the money then you hand over my son, then you'll get the other half". but he laughed and said "you think am that stupid king, why would you think I'll do that so you could double cross me huh!". Damn I thought he would be stupid enough to agree but he caught up to my lie. "fine then". I transferred the money to his account and after he made sure it was true, he let go of my son who came running to me.I bent down to hug him but then whispered "i love you so much but I need you to run to that car of there you mommy is  inside waiting for you okay! just run and dont look back". he ran as I directed.

"you would really think I would let that kid go and you unharmed, ooh! no you ruined my empire which is now in ashes because of you and now am gonna take something dear to you before your eyes". He pulled out his gun fast and so did I but he aimed for Jason then pulled the trigger but three gun shots where heard in the air.

..........................................................................................................................................................

hello..

hope you're enjoying the story and I would like to appreciate those reading my story.

please do vote and leave a comment.