Chapter 8: Suspicious

Shuichi Saihara's P.O.V

"W-What?"

I looked up from my position and saw Kokichi Oma.

"You know exactly what I meant Saihara. What are you, Harukawa, and Yumeno planning?"

Kokichi's face seemed completely expressionless. No smirk, grinning eyes, or anything of the like. Just a cold, icy stare.

Why was he asking me something like this? Did he happen to hear one of our conversations?

"You do know staying silent makes you more suspicious, right? For all I know, you could be the mastermind," Kokichi remarked. He didn't look or act how he usually does. He's being really serious.

"I'm not the mastermind, Kokichi. If I was, I would have probably ordered Monokuma to kill or get rid of you by now."

After defending myself, his gaze softened.

"I guess you're not lying. Liers like me can tell when someone is lying, and you don't seem to have lied."

His face then quickly turned into a playful smile.

"So Shumai, why have you been hanging out with Harumaki and Himimeno lately? You guys planning a three-way murder or something?"

"N-No! Of course not! Why are you so curious as to why I'm hanging out with them?"

"Why should I not be curious then?"

I sighed at his comment. Well, I should be glad that he's acting normally again. The way he acted before was unsettling to me.

"Are you going to answer me Shumai, or..?"

I was still silent. Should I tell him? Well, maybe. If he can tell when I'm telling the truth or a lie, then he could be able to tell that I'm not lying about that. I took a moment to think about what I wanted to say, then spoke.

"Oma, if I tell you this, will you promise me not to mention it to anyone but Harukawa and Yumeno?"

"Well, that depends on what you want to tell me."

I guess I could tell him. He doesn't seem like the type to gossip, at least about what I'm going to tell him. Here goes nothing.

"Yumeno, Harukawa, and I came from the future. We know who the mastermind is, who will kill who, and many more things. We came back in time because I wanted to save you all."

Kokichi's face then turned serious after that response. He analyzed my posture and body language to see if I was lying. A face of pure shock appeared on Kokichi's face when he realized I wasn't lying.

"H-How is that even possible..?" Kokichi questioned.

"I don't know. A miracle of some sort I guess," I answered.

At this point, Kokichi was completely out of character.

"So you're saying after all these days have passed, you could've done something about it. You have everything you need to know, HELL, YOU KNOW WHO THE MASTERMIND IS, AND YOU DO NOTHING?? You said you wanted to save us, right? Well, you're doing a terrific job!"

Kokichi made direct eye contact with me. He had this look of hatred, of anger when he those things. It wasn't a mask. It was his true feelings that he showed.

Everything around me started to slow down, and my breathing became faster.

"S-Stop!" I panicked.

Everything was getting blurry, and I felt like I was being watched everywhere. I couldn't think straight, I felt dizzy. I blacked out, but before I did, I heard a faint "Saihara!"

Kokichi Oma's P.O.V

I was so pissed. How the hell do you just stand there doing NOTHING when you know so much!? We could have gotten out of this killing game by now. I had admired Shuichi for being the Ultimate Detective since that must have meant he was really smart. He could have been the one to finally see through that charade of lies..... Guess I was wrong.

I'm starting to question my ability of being able to detect liars since everything he said makes no sense. I made direct eye contact with him as I said my thoughts, and he reacted in a way I didn't expect. He was hyperventilating and it looked like he might have been having a ... Panic attack..??

"Saihara!" I shouted out.

Shit. What should I do!? Think, think, think! He's been awfully close to Himiko and Maki, maybe they can help! I'll try to find them. I rushed out of the library and went to find either Maki or Himiko. Why did he have to pass out at a time like this!?

Maki Harukawa's P.O.V

I didn't eat lunch yet, so I decided to head to the dining hall. When I arrived, I saw Kirumi, Kaede, Angie, Ryoma, and Himiko already there.

It looked like Kirumi was preparing lunch for everyone. I wanted to change how I presented myself. I didn't want to be cold to everyone and push them away.

"Tojo, would you like me to help?" I offered.

"Thank you Harukawa, but it is my job to serve you, so please sit down and relax. The meal will be ready soon."

Well, at least I can say I tried. I sat down as Kirumi ordered, and overheard a conversation between Himiko and Kaede.

"...And that is why you should never have more than five people be subjects for magic!"

Looks like they're talking about magic. I can't tell if Himiko's delusional or wants to entertain others when talking about magic.

I was about to join the conversation when we all heard a door slam open. Kokichi briefly came in. What's it going to be this time?

"Okay, so I need help. Harumaki, Himimeno, come with me."

Himiko and I looked at each other for a brief moment, then looked back at Kokichi. I then responded.

"First, you don't have the right to call me that. Second, why do you need me and Yumeno?"

"You two are buddies with Shumai, right? Well, he passed out. I don't know if you two can help. I mean, it would be awful if you didn't help poor Shumai."

Wait, what? He passed out!? What did Kokichi do..? Before I could answer he already left. I audibly sighed. Himiko and I got up and headed to the door.

"Wait! Is it okay if I came along..?" Kaede requested.

"Sure. He probably would want you to come along as well, since you're also close to Saihara," I answered.

All three of us then headed to the library.

Okay, that was a lot of P.O.V's to write.
Also, sorry if I made Kokichi a little bit too out of character.