Chapter 15: The Second Motive

Shuichi Saihara's P.O.V

"I'll go get it. Just to not cause suspicion, I recommend staying out of view."

Kaede and I did as we were told and got out of the door's view way. Rantaro got up from his spot and walked towards the door. He opened it slightly to see Kirumi waiting patiently.

"Please excuse me Amami, but I am alerting everyone that supper is ready. Please come to the dining hall when you are ready. Also, have you seen Akamatsu or Saihara? I wasn't able to find them in their dorms." Kirumi stood there with poise as she asked.

"Oh, I'll alert them when I see them! Thank you for letting me know Tojo," Rantaro smiled.

Kirumi bowed slightly and started to walk away.

"...Ok, well I think you two heard all that." Kaede and I nodded, and we went to the dining hall as told.

On the way to the dining hall, I saw Tsumugi chatting with Monokuma. Kaede and Rantaro were in conversation when I noticed this. I decided to mention it later since I didn't want to interrupt them. As I kept that in mind, I also thought about how and when I would tell them about this time travel nonsense. I know it wouldn't be the best idea to tell them now, but, when would I tell them? Well, after catching Tsumugi I guess.

Once we arrived, we saw everyone staring at Monokuma, who was just standing there.

"Took you three long enough! Now that everyone is here, I can announce the additional motive!" Monokuma exclaimed. "If a murder does not happen at nighttime, two days from now, then everyone forcefully participating in this game will be executed! You will be ripped apart limb to limb by countless Monokumas. So, I recommend taking this game seriously if you don't want to end up becoming a decaying corpse!"

Everyone had a look of shock and terror, aside from Kokichi and a few others.

"But, if you wanted entertainment, why would you kill us all off just like that?" Kokichi remarked.

I knew the answer to that question, but I obviously didn't say it.

"It would still be hilarious to watch you all flee for your lives, so that's why! Now stop asking me pointless questions and enjoy your last days here." Monokuma then went back to wherever he came from.

Surprisingly, no one really added anything other than Kaito saying "I'll make sure that doesn't happen."

Everyone ate dinner in silence, with that same gloomy and dark atmosphere in the air.

Well, I guess that makes the plan slightly easier. Now that Tsumugi has to automatically create spares, we don't have to worry about causing a situation to make her get one. I'm still slightly worried about this plan not working, but at the same time, I have gotten all the information I needed and did the things I didn't do and regret. I hope I also did enough to stop Kaede from doing the same mistake that cost her and Rantaro's life.

Once everyone finished up, they started to leave in small groups. Kirumi stayed behind to wash dishes, but I told her that I would do them. She reluctantly agreed to let me do them and she left.

I was now just washing everyone's dishes plus my own when I heard a few people step in the kitchen. I turned my head slightly to see who they were, and I saw Maki, Kaito, Himiko, Rantaro, and Kaede.

"Hey Saihara! We just wanted to see what you were doing," Kaito said with an unconvincing grin.

I understood why everyone else was there, as they were probably there to ask about the plan, but Kaito wasn't one of the people I talked to about this.

"Momota knew something was going on so he just wanted to spy on us to see what is going on," Maki explained with a blank stare.

Kaito sighed in defeat, slowly nodding.

I guess Maki spent some time getting closer to Kaito as I knew he wouldn't give up just like that to a normal stranger.

"Geez, Makiroll when you put it like that I sound really noisy."

"Because you are."

That started a bickering session between those two, which Himiko and Kaede tried to break up.

Rantaro then walked next to me to help with the dishes.

"Amami, you don't have to-"

"It's fine Saihara. I don't mind helping you at all. Plus, it gives me a chance to talk to you," Rantaro spoke with a light smile on his face.

I tilted my hat down in embarrassment, which I forgot I still wore on my head.

"Anyway, how are you holding up after... that situation?"

"My panic attack?"

Rantaro nodded his head as a response to my question.

"I'm doing fine, but that happened a while ago. Why are you still worried about that?"

"Am I not allowed to be?"

"Ah well, I didn't mean it like that!"

Rantaro chuckled at my flustered response.

"Well, now that the new motive has been presented, what will we do about that?"

I thought about it for a moment. We only have two days, and I need to make sure they're put to good use. We already have the cameras set since I didn't want to worry about having a time limit like we do now. I know I still want to keep a close track on Kaede and Rantaro, but having three people in a classroom at once could cause suspicion for some, and potentially risk us all getting found out.

"Well, I need some time to think about it, but I'll let you all know when I can come up with an idea," I said.

Rantaro nodded and we finished up the dishes just in time to find that the bickering ended.

We headed to our dorms, with the exception of Kaito, Maki, Kaede, and I since we planned to train. Nothing really notable happened, and we all headed back to our dorms. I said good night to Kaede as usual, and I headed to bed, thinking about how I would plan Tsumugi's demise.

I'm so sorry for all the hiatuses recently, but that won't happen for a while. I'm also going to have more story and plot-driven stuff for the next few chapters, but I'll, of course, have small moments of fluff in between.