Chapter 24: The Ultimate Cosplayer's Demise (Arc 1 Finale)

Shuichi Saihara's P.O.V

"Well, it seems that the detective has destroyed the mastermind's plan! I should have seen that coming, but sadly I was a bit too reckless," Tsumugi exclaimed.

She wore a twisted expression on her face, similar to the one in the past.

"But wow, to think that you came from a different timeline where my plan actually worked, that's fascinating! Maybe it was the work of a fan that caused such a thing!"

"Fan? What are you saying?" Rantaro questioned.

Tsumugi paused her rambling to regain her composure. "Oh, nevermind. It's nothing you all need to worry about."

"But yes, I was the one that orchestrated this wonderful game! Sadly, it had to cut short before anything fun could actually happen. I had planned and tested all of your executions as well..."

"W-What!?" Kaito shouted with a look of terror in his eyes.

Tsumugi ignored the fearful shout and stares from the others. She turned her gaze in Akamatsu's direction.

"Especially yours. I had put so much attention to detail when it came to your execution. It's such a shame I have to put it to waste, even when I was so close to giving you that guilty verdict, well unless..."

"Leave her out of this. Leave everyone out of this. I won't let you lay a finger on Akamatsu or anyone else. I've shown that you're guilty, and I highly doubt you would go against your own rules and execute someone who is innocent," I stated.

"*Sigh* You're such a pest. But yes, you won. Such a pity too," Tsumugi spoke with a displeased tone in her voice.

"I'm very disappointed in you Shirogane. To deceive us in the way you did, I'm saddened by the thought," Kirumi added.

"Wait, but if we're going along the rules of this game, Shirogane technically didn't kill anyone. Shuichi's here alive and well, so she shouldn't get executed," Kokichi began.

"YOU LITTLE-"

"Let me finish. She technically shouldn't get executed, but since she caused us all our suffering and basically kidnapped us, I think that's enough to say that she should be executed."

"Hmmm, I would say he has a point. Plus, I would want to at least end this show with an execution. It's not like you all will be able to escape anyway!"

"We'll find a way to escape! We can figure it out by ourselves," Kaito exclaimed with confidence.

"That confidence will be your downfall. If you think you can do it all by yourselves, then do just that. But, you're quite lucky that I'm feeling generous today. I'll give you one hint on how to escape. (It'll be entertaining for everyone else to watch anyway.) If you want to get out of here, you must uncover the secrets of this academy and this killing game."

Why hasn't she said that we're fictional characters yet? Was that a lie before?

Everyone, for the most part, stayed silent, with the exception of a few silent curses. There wasn't anything you could say at this moment, and all you could do was stay silent. Well, except for Kaede Akamatsu.

"Why did you create this killing game? What did any one of us do to deserve this!?"

"One thing. Entertainment."