~some People Are Alone...~

Kokichis pov

I woke up to  unfamiliar surroundings, it was walm and a welcoming atmosphere. Something I hadn't felt in the past few days.
I sat up and looked around. I was on a sofa,

This must be a living room.

Yeah... It is.

There was another two sofas, that all surrounded a large coffee table. And in front of the sofa I was laying on was a large TV attached to the wall, with a fireplace underneath.

On the coffee table was a plate of food, must be cold by now and a wrapped up present. That was it.

There wasn't a clock down here for me to check the time. And I don't have a phone on me either. So the time will have to stay a mystery to me for now.

Just as I had the thought to get up, I heard the door behind me open, the front door. I turned around to see shuichi saihara.

I remember now..

I must of been to tired to remember coming here.

Saihara was wearing a black track suit, but his jacket was unzipped so I could see he was also wearing a dark grey t-shirt.
"ah, your finally awake" he smiled at me as he took his shoes off.
"ho-how long was I sleeping for?" I said, with a slight stutter.
"well, you fell asleep at about half twelve last night and it's now about four" he explained, moving the cold plate of food. "I'll make you some more food." I nodded and sat back.

Why is he so nice?

I sat back on the sofa, waiting for saihara to come back. I wrapped myself on the blanket I found myself under when I woke up.
I was Happy that someone cared about me. I thought that my sister had also cared for me, but the tables soon turned.... But we will get to that later.

I stared up at the ceiling, feeling slightly uncomfortable since this wasn't even my house.

Why had shuichi even let me stay here?

I began humming a random tune, while i was bored out of my mind. But it was best for me not to complain, after all I did basically invite myself here.

Not too long later, shuichi came back into the room, he had another plate of food in his hand. The navy haired boy slowing handed it over to me, along with some cutlery to use. I thanked him and began eating.

He sat down on another sofa and watched me eat, it wasn't uncomfortable. Even if it was, I've complained to shuichi enough in the game to last a life time. And him doing this for me was doubling that time.

We sat in a uncomfortable silence. Why wouldn't it be uncomfortable though? I hadn't seen the boy in about six months?... Probably longer.
And all of a sudden I show up at his door expecting him to help me.

Before I could say anything to the other, shuichi had beaten me to it. "that present there," shuichi began, as he pointed to the small gift in the coffee table. "it's for you" he smiled. I looked over at it, then at shuichi. Then pointing at myself and mouthing me?
To which he let out a small laugh and nodded.
"t-thank you, saihara" I stuttered as I felt my face heat up, meaning that I was probably blushing.
"it's no worries!" shuichi smiled and rested his head in his hand.

After I finished the food shuichi had made me,  he replaced the plate with the gift. I looked over at the well known detective, who was still watching me then I turned my attention back to the present. I slowy opened it, making sure it wasn't anything dangerous or messy. In fact, it wasn't.

I let out a small gasp and pulled out what it was.

... A checkered scarf!!

Another blush crept on my face as I looked at the scarf, feeling a longing emotion. Happiness. I buried my face into the scarf and Yelled thank you to the boy who got it me. I heard him laughed once again.

His laugh was is calming.

"no worries, Kokichi" I soon heard him making movements, I looked up and saw him come closer to me. It made me jump a bit, and he saw that small action which made him pause in his spot.
"you okay?" he asked, clearly worried. I slowly nodded and he began coming closer to me.
Shuichi the lightly tired the checkered scarf around my neck.

"s-saihara?" I said, feeling tears wanting to break out my eyes. Saihara had then crouched down, eye level to me and we made direct eye contact. Which I broke.

More tables have turned, now I don't like looking at people in the eyes.

"w-why...?" I asked, thinking we both know what we was in about.
"why what?" shuichi raised an eye brow at me.
"o-oh, why... Why he-help me...? W-why be nice to me..? " I felt a few tears run down my face. Which I quickly and gently wipped off by Shuichi .

The taller male, quickly moved to sit next to me and wrapped his arms around me. I jumped again, since i hadn't been hugged in awhile. My sister didn't even hug me... And nagito has been scared to even touch me.

Another reason I jumped when shuichi began hugging me is because, I was given a small amount of room. I began panicking, after the situation with the hydraulic press I've had claustrophobia. I began swatting, at the boys arms, signalling him to get off me or at least losen the hug. I didn't hit him hard though. He quickly let go of me and scanned my face. "kokichi what's wrong!?" he sounded more worried now and panicked.

"s-small space" I said, between breaths and  a few tears running down my face that I soon wipped away. He's eyes widened and buried his face in his hands "I'm so sorry kokichi" he muttered a sigh and looked over to me slightly.
"i-it's my fa-fault" I leaned my head on his shoulder, earning some kind of physical connection with shuichi.

Saihara leaned into my touch, but not too much. "why was you asking why I  was helping you and being nice?" shuichi brought back up, once I had claimed back down.
"b-because... Yo-you should hate me." I whispered.

Shuichis perents could be home, and I dont what them to hear me.

"hate you?" shuichi seemed taken back from this, I looked up to him and nodded my head. "kokichi, I have no reason to hate you..." he sighed, it looked like he was about to hug me again, but soon decided against it.
"y-you do..." I sniffed, having a feeling I was about to cry again.
"... Kokichi?" the detective said quietly, making me look at him. "there's no reason to hate you, everything you did in the game was to help end it." he smiled, but continued "I forgive you, okay?"

I didn't say anything though. I moved my head and stared at the empty plate placed on the coffee table in front of me, not even blinking.

"your alone kokichi!
And you
Always
Will
Be"

"..."

That memory came flooding back to me. I let a small gulp noise and tried standing up. "I-I'm sorry, I s-should go" I manage to say, and looked for the front door. I saw shuichi also stand up.
"I'll walk you " shuichi smiled, once again. I didn't bother arguing. I didn't even know where I wanted to go. I didn't want to go him. I didn't have my phone to see if I could meet nagito... All I knew was home wasn't an option.

I began walking out the house, shuichi next to me. We didn't say anything. To me this was a uncomfortable silence, I couldn't say the same for shuichi though.