Boo~

As soon as we had breached the thicket of greenery the fog grew heavier.

There was a weight to the mist settled in contestants' bones as they lost sight of Satoz and fell prey to the conniving animals of the marsh.

I lost Hisoka immediately.

Soon Gon and Killua were dashing off and then Leorio and Kurapika seemed to fade into the fog.

Trudging through the thick fog and the dense swamp I listened carefully. It has been five minutes now and I haven’t even heard anyone yet. 

A snap caught my attention and I snapped my head in the direction of the sound.

Tilting my head I listened with bated breath. Voices traveled through the trees, whispered in the fog like little pixies.

I couldn’t tell what they were saying but an edge to their voices made them sound annoyed. 

Like the jealous little pixies that ripped out my mother’s heart.’

I narrowed my eyes and sneaked towards the noise.

Gently coaxing the bushes apart I saw a clearing. The fog didn’t seem very interested in encasing the empty space. 

“You killed an examiner last year didn’t you?” A man demanded.

I snapped my head in his direction and bit my lip at what I saw.

Hisoka was standing in the middle of a group of men, his posture nonchalant.

The men, however, seemed agitated.

Hisoka raised a bored hand and inspected his nails. Then his eyes flashed and he smiled fiendishly, a card in between his middle finger and thumb.

A King of Hearts glinted as a ray of light peaked through the dense fog above. 

In one quick motion, their heads were swiftly removed.

Hisoka smirked but then frowned and looked from the corpses to something in front of him.

I leaned forward slightly and almost tumbled out of the bush. Regaining my balance I peered out at what caught his attention.

Kurapika and Leorio seemed to be frozen in place.

Hisoka watched them, then his head swerved and he seemed to be looking around like he was expecting someone. 

Something dashed past me and I shrank into the bush. When no one came after me and peeked out to see Kurapika sprinting away.

Leorio noticeably missing from his company.

Swerving my head back to Hisoka I watched as Leorio was roughly thrown to the ground.

Then Hisoka was hit by…wait is that a fishing pole?

Gon flew from the trees and attacked Hisoka. 

Shit! He’s going to kill them!’

I cursed as I crawled out of the brush.

Hisoka held Gon in the air by the throat. But then he dropped him and picked up an unconscious Leorio.

He waved Gon goodbye and faded into the mist.

I glanced at Gon. Weighing my options. 

“Gon!” Kurapika shouted and I ducked back into the bush.

Deciding Gon would be fine, I took off in search of Hisoka.

Though it seemed my panic of losing my target was short-lived as I found him rather easily.