My Little Watermelon

Hisoka refused to leave my side for the rest of the fourth exam.

Hovering behind me like some bodyguard.

Even in Netero’s airship he never let me leave a room without him.

Always watching me.

He would just stand off to the side and watch.

It was unnerving how angry he seemed, yet he never said a word.

Just kept me under his surveillance.

I tried to give him some space, every time he looked at me his eyes blazed with anger, but he wouldn't let me leave his sight. 

“What’s your problem?” I had asked, crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes at him.

For once he didn’t seem in the mood for games. 

“Are you going to fight me?” He asked, not looking at me.

Huffing I had put my hands on my hips and glared at him. 

“No. Are you going to stop acting like a child?”

He curled his lip and sneered at me. 

“I’m not acting like a child. If you won’t fight me then we have nothing more to discuss.”

I rolled my eyes. 

“Fine. Be that way. But if you don’t want to talk to me then why are you following me?” I scoffed at him.  

“Because you’ll go off and fight some boring durian if I don’t watch you.” Hisoka never raised his voice, he just scoffed saltily and resumed staring at the far wall.

I rolled my eyes at his interesting fruit insults. 

“Hisoka you’re acting like a child.” I sighed tiredly. 

“You’re the one who won’t play with me.” He teased, but then went back to his cold behavior.

Growling I threw my hands into the air. 

“You’re hopeless! You know what? Who cares! You’re just some guy dressed up like a fucking clown! You’re not acting immature, my ass!” Huffing I turned to stomp away. 

“At least I have good taste. By the way, you’re the one who was going to let this clown fuck you in Trick Tower.”

He scowled at me and I could hear his glare.

Furious I turned back to him and stomped up to his face. 

“Are you calling me a whore?” I yelled, slightly hurt but mainly pissed off.

He straightened to his full height and glared down his nose at me. 

“You didn’t seem to have an issue with your target in the fourth exam.”

I gasped, stepping back. 

“Are you saying I fucked him?” I whispered, tears pricking my eyes. 

“You fought him but you won’t fight me, right? You probably fucked him too, you’ve got no problem giving a taste to others, it seems.” His tone was clipped and cold. 

“Fine. I’m a whore and you’re just some jealous baby who’s chasing a thrill because he can’t feel anything else! You want people to notice you so desperately but what happens when they leave? You use magic tricks to get noticed, and you fight to cover up the fact that you feel nothing! You want to be brought to the brink of death so you can feel like living again! But you know what? You’re not worth my time Hisoka, and you never will be!” 

With tears falling down my cheeks I sprinted off, not caring about the expression of hurt on his handsome face or the way his body lunged forward to stop me from running. 

After that, I had deeply regretted my words.

But Hisoka refused to be anywhere near me.

I tried to apologize repeatedly, but he kept slipping away.