Part 1.2

y/n pov

It was the 'opening party' of the year. I wasn't planning on going obviously but Huening really wanted to go and I couldn't deny my little brother and I would definitely not let him go alone, cause he had to get back in the evening again. I just brought my book and I would sit in the corner reading. Didn't matter anyways if I would read at home or here.

Yoongi pov

  'are you going to a party?' Namjoon asked Jimin.

  'yes I am, we have an opening party tonight, isn't that so much fun'

Namjoon and Jin both looked at me

    'are you going like that?' Jin asked nudging at my joggings

   'you don't think I am going to that right?'

   'Yoongi, it would be better if you go to be sure nothing goes wrong'

He said it in a way I knew it wasn't really a suggestion but rather something expected of me.

    'ugh okay'

I got up and changed into my black jeans and hoodie. We arrived at the party and it was worse than I expected. Jimin went off by himself the minute we got there, as expected, as he was social and mingled with all the people. I went to get a drink, unfortunately it was only non alcoholic.

   'hi handsome, care to dance?' someone said and as I turned around, Rosie was standing in front of me. She wore a candy pink dress which almost hurt my eyes.

  'uhm maybe later Rosie'

she looked a bit shocked when I said it but soon put on a  flirty smiled again

   'you know where to find me'

   'sure'

I stood in the corner looking around when my eyes fell on a girl sitting against the wall.

She was hardly visible in her black dress, but she looked really pretty in it. the corners of my mouth curled up a bit.

Was this girl seriously reading a book here?

I knew it was y/n, her scent was so distinct from the rest. It was like smelling this ages old whiskey.

I walked over curious to see what she was reading this time. I was close enough to read the cover title:

The life of Vincent van Gogh.

I thought about Vincent. He used to be a friend when he lived in France in 1886. My friend Taehyung was obsessed with his art so we befriended him for a while until he got ill.

  'you're reading about van Gogh?' I asked and she looked up

  'could you like please not talk to me in public?' she said unbothered

   'why not?' I asked sitting next to her, I could not understand this girl

  'every girl is horny as fuck for you, and I'm not interested in giving them another reason to make my life more miserable' she mumbled while reading on

  'yeah why do they hate you so much? Did you steal like someone's boyfriend or anything' I asked

'no it's far worse' she said in a serious manner while closing her book

I waited in anticipation for the rest

  'I won a singing contest 3 years ago that Rosie was supposed to win. And now I think because I got the highest grades so'