Part 1.10

y/n pov

'what the fuck are you talking about' I said angry

'so the thing is; you are a vampire hunter'

I started to laugh, was this guy for real? but uncle Ben didn't change his serious look

'this is not a joke. tomorrow on your 18th birthday you will unlock your powers. it runs through our family. your parents died because of this'

With the mentioning of my parents I suddenly took it seriously, he wouldn't joke about this.

'what the hell are you saying. maybe tell me the whole goddam story'

Uncle ben stared at me and then nodded;

'well the entire story from the beginning. There was once a human couple in this village to be precise. They were happy together and got three sons. The husband returned from war as a vampire but they stayed together, as a vampire human relationship. one day the woman was brutally murdered by a group of vampires. The husband wanted to avenge her but he wouldn't be able to do it alone and his sons were human and not strong enough.

so his sons did an exploration to a village deep in the forest where they knew witches were hiding. they asked the most powerful one to give them powers to kill this vampire group. The witch agreed but only on the condition that their children for generations long would be vampire hunters, protecting all humans from danger. They would unlock these special powers on their 18th birthday. The sons agreed and that is how we are still getting these powers.

The husband swore to never hurt humans and only drink blood that was voluntarily given. He would try to convince other vampires to do so, in order to live side by side with the humans. The sons agreed to never hunt vampires that would hold on to this way of living'

  'and my parents?'

   'well your father was a vampire hunter. 6 years ago they were found by a group of vampires that hunts vampire hunters and they died'

I swallowed, all of this was so much to take in. I adjusted to the fact that vampires existed which was on itself scary and crazy. but now I was a descendant of the vampire hunters? that was just too much. Suddenly I thought of something.

  'what was the husband called?'

  'what?'

  'of my great great... whatever grandmother'

  'his name was Kim Namjoon, why?'

I felt dizzy

   'what were the three sons called?'

I was too afraid I was boning my great great great grandfather. this was already a lot let alone if that was true.

My uncle had a surprised expression at my question.

  'uhm those are our founders, they are named Seo, Felix and Han'

I sighed in relief and I also remembered Yoongi telling me that Namjoon was from a different century.

  'y/n, I know it is a lot to take'

  'what if I don't want it, is there no way I can not get these powers and continue my life the way it is now?'

   'do you know how many people are murdered every year by vampires? how many, mothers, daughters sons, or fathers? you will have the ability and power to protect humans from them. and you want to what? throw that away cause of some stupid teenage romance you have with a vampire boy?'

Uncle ben went from serious to furious pretty damn fast

  'this isn't about Yoongi, I have been studying to go to college, I like my normal life. I have no skills whatsoever to hunt vampires.'

  'you don't really have a choice, cause vampires will eventually come for you,'

I felt a fear, the moment in the woods with Jungkook played in my mind again.

  'you will start training the day after tomorrow, Felix (his son) will arrive that morning, and that's it' uncle ben said sternly.

I got up from my chair. my thoughts spinning, my head fully occupied with all the information.

  'I want you to leave' I said but Ben just looked at me.
  'there is no getting out of this y/n'

  'fine if you don't leave I will' I quickly got out and slammed the door.

I was walking in the town by myself. I could only think of one place to go and without any thoughts my feet walked me there. when I stood in front of his house I, for some reason, didn't want to go further. He was a vampire, I would become a vampire hunter. this was ridiculous and his "dad" was my family. I wished I could see him but I wouldn't know what to say. I turned around and walked further.

Yoongi pov

Namjoon and I had hardly talked since the argument about y/n and it really had bothered me.

I knocked on his door and I opened up.,

  'so tomorrow is y/ns 18th birthday, can you please tell me what the fuck you have against her?'

Namjoon looked up from his book and closed it, he took a deep breath

   'she is my family'

My exe kind of stopped working. this was the last thing I ever expected. Namjoon got up and poured in two whiskeys quite full

   'that's not all. She will become a vampire hunter. tomorrow'

He handed me the whiskey but I was still processing and thus not aware he was handing it to me, I mean I knew he had a wife once and she died and ever since he is like the lonely never falling in love kind of guy.

   'I don't understand'

Namjoon explained everything, how he had sons, how some crazy general changed him into a vampire in the war because it would be a waste to let his genius brain die, how the sons gained special powers to kill vampires to avenge their mother, cause she was murdered by those vampires who were against relationships with humans, and how that lived through generations.

near the end of the story he suddenly looked up

   'she is here' he nodded towards the door but there was no ringing of the bell. her scent faded.

  'I think I am going to go after her. uhm I am sorry about your story Namjoon and thank you for telling me'

Namjoon nodded and I quickly went out. I tried to focus on sounds and scent that could lead me to y/n.