ch4 - blue

"Oh, those are really nice blues." Yamaguchi says peering over my shoulder. Hinata and Kageyama decide they needed to see too.

"Ooo, I like that one." Hinata says pointing to one of the blue paint swatches on my hand.

"No, that one is better." Kageyama argues.

"Buzz off guys" I say sternly, pulling my hand away, glaring at them. "Learn to mind your own busness."

"Practice is over guys, go get changed." Daichi yells. We all make our way to the clubroom, well expect for Kageyama and Hinata. Today I didn't really get to practice, with my fingers still beat up. I could have just skipped practice, but that's not something they would do. Even in injury they strived to be better, I should do the same. Changing in the change room, I noticed a small purple paint spot just above my hip. It wasn't put there on purpose. How the hell do you manage to get paint there? I finish getting changed, pull out a pen and write

Could you please not get paint everywhere?

I look at the back of my hand. Those are pretty blues. But one on particular catches my eye. A small sample of a beautiful blue on the knuckle of my thumb. Words failed to describe it. I clumsily hold the pen in my right hand.

I like this one

I draw a little arrow to the small blue spot. I take out my phone and attempt to take a photo of the beautiful array of colours. Just as I expect the photo is only of my hand and anything I've written. No paint shows up in the photo. I sigh, and put away my phone.

"You ready to go?" Yamaguchi asks as I wrap my scarf around my neck. I simply start waking, he follows. Silently waking home, I notice white drifting slowly from the sky. I was being to snow. "Wow it's already snowing." Yamaguchi looks up at the dark sky, watching the snow fall. "Tsukki?"

I hum in response

"Why did you go to practice today?" Yamaguchi questions. "You're injured, I didn't expect you to show."

"Well, we're going to national right? I'm sure Daichi wasn't gonna let me off the hook. They want us all practicing." I monotonously answer.

"Wow, do you actually care about volleyball now?"

"No, it's still just a club, still just a sport. I just didn't want to be yelled at by Daichi."

"Sure~."

"Shut up, Yamaguchi."

"Sorry, Tsukki."

Just as we near my house he adds on last thing. "You seemed to care when we played against Shiratorizawa." I don't answer him, I just go inside.

I finished my homework, closing my books I stare out the window. The snow is falling faster now. Probably not enough for school to be cancelled tomorrow. I'll need to bring gloves tomorrow. Out of the corner of my eye I spot the colours slowly disappearing. All the splotches gone, except for the one on my thumb. A small message of agreement appears under my message about the blue.

I like this one too. It will be perfect for my piece.

Then a little sorry is written under my note about not getting paint everywhere. Getting changed for bed, I spot the purple mark still on my side.

You know, there's a purple spot on your hip.

How the hell did that get there?

The spot is wiped way.

The snow continues to fall silently outside. I wonder if they like snow? An idea dawns on me. Grabbing a pen I draw a small snowflake on my arm and put a question mark next to it. The simple drawing could mean one of two things. Do your like the snow? or is it snowing? With out a direct meaning, the message should go through. I get a reply

No, not really

And then a

Yes

They answered both questions.