ch13 - bye, for now

I push on the ground with my feet and spin me in my desk chair around. I do this a few more time, hoping to get lost in the dizziness. As if spinning in circles could make time go faster. I plant my feet on the floor of my room. Once my vision straightens out, I eagerly look to my clock. Only a minute has passed. An annoyed groan is what I use to express my frustration. There is still an hour left until his practice is over. I just want to see him again. It was the last day of their practice, his last day here. I wanted to spend as much time with him as I can.

While I'm waiting I decide I should go out, do something with myself to pass the time. Pulling on my jacket, I make my way out of the building. As the building doors close behind me, an idea pops into my head. I begin to make my way off campus.

"Thank you!" I say to the workers as the cafe door closes behind me. I hold the bag that is carrying the pastry close to me as I walk back to the school. There is still twenty minuets until their practice is over, but I don't mind waiting.

Approaching the gym I spot a head full of orange hair. Hinata is at the outdoor sink, filling up some water bottles.

"Hi, Hinata!" I wave to him with one hand and clutch the bag tightly with the other.

"Hi, (l/n)!" He calls back.

I approach him, "Aren't you cold in that?" He was only wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

"A bit? I've been running around in the gym all day, so I'm not that cold." He eyes the bag in my hand, "What ya got there?"

"Oh, this. It's a pastry. It's a surprise for-"

"Hinata, do you have my water bottle?" Turning my head to the new voice, I swiftly hide the bag behind my back. He eyes meet mine, "Oh, hi (l/n). What are you doing here? Where you waiting for me?" He finishes his sentence off with a signature grin.

I mirror his grin as I counter, "You wish, I just came here to say hi to Hinata."

"Oh, really? Then what's that behind your back?" He gestures to the bag poorly hidden behind me.

"You'll find out later-"

"Wait, wait, wait. How do you two know each other?" Hinata interrupts our banter, very visibly confused.

"I would like to ask the same." Tsukishima sends a small glare at him.

"Well, I met Hinata when he was lost, trying to find his way of campus." I explain, "And I met Tsukishima when I was lost at your school."

"Ok, but that doesn't answer why you two are so friendly - no - familiar with each other." Hinata looks like he's trying to solve the worlds hardest riddle. I can understand this. Tsukishima doesn't seem like the kinda of person to go out of his way and make friends. So how am I, a girl from a different school, friends with such a closed off, salty person?

The answer simple really, "He's my soulmate."

"Oh," His wide eyes looks to Tsukishima's hands that have little splotches of paint on it, as they always seem to have, and then to mine which have identical ones. They are evidence of me attempting to paint away the hours. "Wow, you really are!"

"What? Did you not believe her? Anyways, do you have my water bottle? Practice it almost over."

"Yup, right here." He tosses the bottle to Tsukishima.

"See you after practice." He say to me, with a small smile, before disappearing back into the large gym.

"Did you see that?" Hinata says in a shocked tone, "I think that was a smile."

"Over here." I lead him over to a picnic bench at the empty park. I place the bag on then table.

Taking the seat across from me he lets out and almost inaudible groan as he presses on his shoulder. Come to think of it my shoulders hurt just a bit. That's probably from him because I don't recall doing anything to hurt my shoulders and he seems more in pain and tense.

"You seem tense. Here, let me work your shoulders." I offer. He wants to protest, but I don't let him. "Turn around." I gesture for him to turn around on the bench. I take a seat behind him on the table, making me taller. I slip my hands under, through the collar of his shirt, putting my hands on his shoulders. It's kinda hard to give a good massage through a sweater.

He sightly jumps at the contact, "Hey, your hands are cold."

I begin to press into his shoulder, massaging them, "Shut up and relax." He does just that. I can feel the tension unwind. His shoulders slightly drop as he lets out a breathy sigh. I feel the small pain worked off my shoulders as well. I keep at it, massaging his shoulders, upper back and nape. He really needed this.

"So, do I get to find out what's in the bag now?" He asks.

"Sure." I give one last squeeze and slip my hands back out from under his shirt. I fight the urge to put them back as the cold air comes in contact with my skin. I slide into a spot next to him. "Here." I pull a container out of the bag. "I was lucky that they didn't sell out by the time I got there."

He opens the box to find a slice of strawberry short cake. He softly smiles. "Thank you." My heart melts. Seeing him this way is a rarity that, it seems, I am only able to see. I cherish every moment of it.

We sit there together. Sharing the cake, sharing a conversation. I'm examining his eyes. Like drops of amber. In the light of the setting sun they shine as if they are gold. They are a golden passageway were I can peak into his soul and find familiarity. They draw me in and speak stories of home. He feels like home. Whenever I'm with him, everything feels right in the world. Whenever he's gone, I feel like there's something missing. 

I hate this part, when it comes time for him to leave. Yet, I can tell. I can feel it to. We're both feeling the same. I don't want you to go.

"Don't worry, I'll be sure to visit you. Lots." I assure him as we stand at the school gates. All the other student pass along making their way to the station, some glance at us in curiosity.

"I hope you do. Good bye for now."

"Good bye." I give a sad smile fighting off tears that are threatening to fall.

"Don't be so sad, I'm not far. We'll still see each other." He attempts to cheer me up. He wasn't that successful. He sighs and reluctantly holds his arms out. He knows exactly how to make me feel better. I get pulled into his embrace.

"I'm going to miss you." I say into his chest.

"I'll miss you too." He confesses. As we pull away, apart of me stays with him. He walks away with this part of me and I know that in very waking moment I will be missing this part until we meet again. 

{a/n: Thank you for reading and voting and commenting on this work, it puts a smile on my face!}