ch 17 - stars

"Nothing will happen if you do nothing."

I know, I know. But I'm not doing nothing. I'm doing something. I don't think is something enough though.

I look to where Yamaguchi was once walking. Much so my surprise he wasn't there anymore. When did he leave? I take this as an opportunity and grab the hand next to mine. He takes it without out even thinking. Then he looked to Yamaguchi's empty spot with surprise. I guess he didn't know when he left ether.

We hold each others hands and don't bother to fully let got. One hand was always in contact with the other. Even when we make it to the park. Even when we went to sit down at a bench to take in the view of the small lake and just talk for hours. Even when we end up walking to a near by convenient store for a late lunch. We are only force to let go when we get there so that we can find our food any eat it. It pained me to let go. It feels like he could just get up and walk away and disappear forever. I just want to hold him in my hands and forever know that he's not going anywhere. 

We spend the rest of the day doing nothing and everything together. I tried to teach him how to draw. It doesn't go as planned. Our hands are covers in ink and lead. He teaches me some more volleyball. We pass the ball around with my bad passes and receives. Our arms are covers in purpleing bruises. The sky above begins to bruise as well in clouds of purples and pinks and orange.

It's been a long day and I've been on edge for all of it as the advice my friend gave it on repeat in my head, Nothing will happen if you do nothing.

"Aw, the sky is cloudy. You can't see the stars." I say looking up to the cloud covered sky as it darkens. I love looking at the stars dancing in the sky. I wanted to look at them with Tsukishima. I guess I won't be able to. We decide to go to Tsukishima's house for supper. It was close by and it was getting late.

I'm welcomed like I'm apart of the family, with welcoming and kind, warmth and love. We waste away more time there with good food and better company. They ask me questions about my self with great curiosity. We share stories and laughs, even Tsukki joins in despite his outward looks of disinterest. The sky is no longer dark blue, it's turned black. I begin worrying about getting home. 

"No, no it's too late now. We have a spare room up stairs. Stay for the night it's to late now for you to go home." Tsukki's mother insist. 

"Thank you." Honestly I'm relieved. I didn't want to walk home in the cold and dark.

"No problem dear, I'll show you to where your room is." I follow behind her. As we pass the living room I glance out the porch and find the sky still covered in a thick layer of clouds. The small room has a simple single size bed and a dresser and some storage boxes in the corner of the room. "Pardon the mess, I will be right back with some a change for closes for the night and a tooth brush. The bathroom is two doors down." On that note she's off. 

After awkwardly saying goodnight to Tsukki from across the hall, I close my door and crawl into bed with the oversized t-shirt and slightly too big sweatpants that I have to roll up the bottom so that I don't trip over myself. These most likely once belonged to Tsukishima. I've decided that I'm accidentally gonna keep these.

Sleep is fleeting. I'm uncomfortable and comfortable all at the same time. The stacked boxes cast a shadow on the wall that won't leave the corner of my eye. I roll around for a few minutes or hours. There is a sudden itch on the inside of my arm that I scratch at. Few seconds later it doesn't go away. Thinking of it, it doesn't really feel like an itch. It feel more like some one is drawing on me. Wait...