18. Punch me, love!

Cover credits to Nandinixxmanik Well she got some skills!!

***

"Nandini everything ended up fine. So it's okay." I tried convincing her.

"It's not okay." She huffed. "That patient could have lost his life just because of an overdose of medicine. Like how could he be so careless!"

"He is just an intern." I reminded. Her mood was totally off. A slight mistake of an intern risked the life of the patient she had been treating. So it was natural for her to be angry but I really didn't want to see her this way.

"I am just disappointed Manik. Like he has been learning under me since three months now. What did I actually teach him?" She crossed her arms around her chest as she reclined on the seat.

"Nandini we all make mistakes but what really matters is for us to not repeat them."

"I just don't know anymore." She let out a sigh, looking outside the window. I couldn't see her this way.

As I hit the brake on the red light, I took out my phone and messaged Abhi.

"Is the club open?"
6:00 pm

"No but the keys are under the pot. You can drop by if you want."
6:01 pm

"Thanks bro."
6:01 pm

Well I couldn't think of anything else to enlighten her mood, in fact I wasn't even sure if boxing would actually help. I hit the gas right after the lights turned green.

Ten minutes later, we were outside the boxing club. She didn't say a word. She just got out of the car and made her way to the club door. Taking out the key from under the pot, she unlocked the door and entered inside.

I followed her in. After tying her hair in a pony tail and folding her shirt sleeves, she wore her boxing gloves. The next moment she was aggressively throwing punches on the punching bag.

I just sat in one of the chairs as I watched her. This continued for the next ten minutes before she plopped down to the ground. She still had been putting on a long face but I could figure out that her anger had subsided.

Loosening my tie and folding up my shirt sleeves, I put on a pair of boxing gloves. It sure was heavy and my hands felt so much weighted.

I hit the punching bag a few times and this grabbed her attention. "That's not the way you do it." She raised her head a bit from the ground to look at me.

She then stood up from the ground and reached me. "Your stance isn't correct. Your feets should be shoulder length apart."

I did as she said. "Now take your right feet backwards and then strike on the bag."

Following her instructions I threw punches on the bag. I hated fight clubs and fights the most and never even in my dreams had I imagined I would be doing something like this but I was.

I did that for like five minutes and I felt as though my hand was about to break. "I can't do this anymore." I backed off, taking off the boxing gloves. "Like how do you even manage to workout like this?"

"Your stamina level is too low." She said.

"Well no! it's just that I had so many work to do in office and I was already exhausted. So-" I made one of the lamest excuse and she chuckled at my lines. Finally I got rid of that long face of hers. I smiled victoriously.

"Leave this. Teach me some defensive moves."

"Okay. But first put on your gloves."

"No. I want to do it without gloves. These gloves tie my hands down." I complained and she chuckled.

"Okay fine." She said as she too took off her gloves. Then we both entered the ring.

"Try punching me." She said.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. C'mon try hitting me." She said. I nodded my head and threw a punch towards her but she ducked right on time. I threw another punched and she ducked yet again.

However I tried punching her she defended every attack of mine. Impressive.

"This is the way you defend. The easiest way is to duck, at least I feel that way." She enacted her words. "You can also block-" I didn't let her complete as I jumped forward and grabbed her from the back, surprising her.

"What if someone grabs you like this?" I asked, tightening my hold on her. I was well aware of our proximity and I could feel my knees go weak but I held on to her.

"Will anyone dare do that?" She said softly.

"If someone does then-"

"Then I would-" She started poking my sides with her elbows and I felt ticklish.

"Hey.. no.. wait don't do that!" I tried controlling my laughter but she didn't stop. Eventually my hold on her loosened and taking the opportunity she freed her hands from my hold, before grabbing my one hand and twisting it around, making me drop on my knees.

 Eventually my hold on her loosened and taking the opportunity she freed her hands from my hold, before grabbing my one hand and twisting it around, making me drop on my knees

(P.S: This scenes inspired from 👆😭😭. Miss them)

"Aaahhhh!!" I wailed in pain. Damn it hurt.

"It hurts, right? Then why did you fool around-" Her words were replaced with a gasp when I grabbed her knees with my other free hand and spinned her around, pinning her to the ground.

I was right on top of her with just a few inches gap between our bodies. Our eyes locked and I could feel my heart flutter. She grabbed my shirt collar and pulled me towards her, making me lose my balance. I landed right on her. "Don't move. Let me watch you up close for a moment." She said in a low voice.

"Now this is like my sassy wife." I smiled.

I never understood why my dad was ready to be my mum's punching bag. But I guess I did understand it now. It was all out of love. It was all because he wanted to see her happy. And I wanted the same for her.

*****
So how was the update?
Well I seriously don't know how it was.
Anyway hope you liked it.

Do drop your precious comments and votes.
Online comments are ♥️

Stay Safe. Stay happy.
Love ♥️
Aaku