Epilogue

A month later

"The way the paints have blended together looks so good." Manik complimented looking at the paintings in front. We were currently in the art gallery, looking at the paintings and trust me I was less than interested in looking at those paintings instead I chose to ogle at my husband. He caught my interest more than those paintings.

"Yea very good." I seconded him with my eyes fixed on him. He gave me a look, more like an accusing look. "You haven't even looked at the paintings."

"But I have been looking at you and you look very good." I showed my teeth and he shook his head lightly.

"Nandini we are here to see the paintings."

"The paintings aren't even 1% as attractive as you are." I complained.

"Ok fine. Enjoy looking at me then." He chuckled, turning his gaze from me to the paintings.

The whole time he had been busy admiring the paintings, I had been busy admiring him.
Those paintings were in his words a masterpiece and for me he was a masterpiece.

"This art gallery surpassed my expectations." Manik said as we got out of the art gallery.

"Let's come here again someday." I smiled, tightening my hold on his hand.

"You really want to come here again? Like you didn't even look at the paintings."

"But I looked at you. So it wasn't such a waste." I said, blinking my eyes ever so innocently.

He gently pulled my cheeks. "You are so adorable."

I gently touched his forehead with my forefinger. "You aren't less."

This was all so unlike me. I loved giving savage and sometimes even nonsense remarks. I rarely complimented people but with Manik it was different.

"You guys are finally here. C'mon have a seat." Cabir said, showing us the chairs in front of him. We were currently at a restaurant near the art gallery. Cabir wanted to have a discussion on something so he had called us out.

"So why did you call us out?" Manik asked.

"Umm- well first place your orders." He said.

"Cabir you know right we are busy the whole week and only on weekends like this we get to go out on date." I stated.

"Yeah."

"So right now you should be with Navya and not with us."

I could hear Manik chuckle at my lines. "Well I want to be with her but she said she has some other things to do today."

"So? You are bothering us because you don't have anyone else to bother." I shook my head lightly and Cabir let out a sigh.

"This ain't fair Cabir." Manik added.

"First listen to me. I want to propose Navya."

"For marriage?"

Cabir shook his head in 'yes'. I was happy on hearing that. "So what has that to do with us?" I asked.

"Give me some ideas. How should I propose her?"

"However you like." I shrugged and he slapped his face with his own hand.

"If I knew it, would I have asked you?"

"It's all about how sincere you are. Even if you propose her with a rose and a ring, she'll be more than happy. You just have to show your sincerity." I voiced out.

"How can it be this simple?"

"Well I agree with Nandini. When it comes to relationship, you don't need to be extravagant. You just need to be sincere." Manik said with a smile as he looked at me.

And I smiled back at him, before looking at Cabir. He looked at both of us and then bent down to look under the table. What was he doing?

"Cabir?"

"What are you doing?"

He looked up at us. "Seeing how sweet you both are acting, I thought you were holding hands under the table."

We both couldn't help but chuckle at his lines. "Is there any need for us to act sneaky?" I looked at Manik and he looked back at me with a smile.

"Honey come closer."

Manik leaned closer to me and we kissed right in front of Cabir. I could hear him gasp and that made both of us smile in between the kiss.

"I shouldn't have asked for your advice." We heard Cabir say and we pulled away, smiling sheepishly at his lines.

"You guys are really really really-" He let out a sigh, reclining on the chair as we both laughed.

It had been a year since we had first met. And trust me our first meet was a disaster. We started off in a wrong foot but still we got close and that's what surprises me. I never got along with peoples who left bad impression on me on the first meet but surprisingly I got along with him and may be it was because of him. He listened to all my ramblings and put up with all my stunts to drive him away. He really hanged on for a long time. 

"I love you honey." I confessed as I pecked his cheek.

"I love you too-" His smile grew wider as he added. "my sassy wife."

*****
Thank you to all the readers of 'My sassy wife'. When I started this book, I really didn't think I would get so much love but I did. And I am really really happy.

I will really miss writing this book.
Do drop your votes and comments for one last time in my sassy wife.

Stay safe. Stay happy.
Love ♥️
Aaku