7

the day of your mission arrived, and you found yourself dressed in a pair of tight black pants and a beige tank top, sporting a long black coat and fingerless leather gloves on top.

you had ignored chuuya the rest of the days before the mission, opting for the avoidance tactic, so as not to give yourself another reason to stress over your mental progress after finally being free. you didn't need chuuya's input on your own situation.

you were confused enough already, and he had only pushed that confusing further.

you made your way to the main entrance of the port mafia HQ and found chuuya waiting with a few of his subordinates, armed with machine guns.

"y/n.." chuuya greeted, stepping towards you, a remorseful expression was worn on his features, and you shoved your gloves hands into the your back pockets as he walked towards you. "i'm sorry...for what i said."

you disregarded his apology with a wave of your hand. you didn't want to hear his contradicting words. it made it hard to tel whether he was genuine or not. you preferred to not have to deal with more than you were already.

"are we starting this mission? or are you gonna keep talking unnecessarily?" your piercing eyes bore into him intensely, and chuuya stepped back, taking the hint of your words to back off, and turning away.

"i didn't mean to upset you." he said, turning to face the dozen of chuuya's subordinates to command them to get moving.

—————

the duo arrived at the mission point, both of them stepping out of the car and towards the warehouse, prepared for the simple retrieval mission.

the objective was to retrieve intel on a rival organization that seemed to be climbing the ranks, nowhere near powerful enough to stand up to the power of the port mafia. getting your these files should be easy, you'd be in and out in half an hour.

if anything, less.

chuuya glanced at you, though your expressionless face remained on the building in front of you.

chuuya began walking, you and his subordinates quickly followed suit, heading straight for the main entrance.

as soon as the doors to the warehouse opened, you were being shot at, chuuya grinned mischievously, reciting a phrase about "fighting gravity", before his body was outlined in a red hue, and he began attacking, kicking guns out of enemy hands and knocking them out with the end of it. he was fast, and you followed suit quickly, watching as everything he touched was instantly free from the hands of gravity as you called upon sheomri, the familiar feeling of wings sprouting from your back and claws protruding from your fingers took over, and you felt an electric charge running through your bloodstream.

your wings flapped as you soared through the air, channelling your lighting throughout your palm, aiming at a group of enemy gunmen shooting up at you, and made quick work of taking them out.

you and chuuya finished up quickly, taking care of most of the enemy and making your way towards the file room, which chuuya found out quickly from one of he injured men.

you kept your guard up as you followed the directions given upstairs and down the hall to the left, you followed until you reached the last door on the right, labeled "filing" and chuuya busted the locked door open with his ability, making things easy. you searched through cabinets until you located the required file, fishing it out of the draw you had opened, and turning to chuuya, waving it in front of his azure eyes.

"alright, looks like we're done here, let's go." he signaled to your comrades, who followed he two of you out the filing room and back the way you came.