19

irritated is the only world you could use to describe your foul mood this morning. you hadn't gotten nearly enough sleep the night before, and so far this morning, everything was getting on your nerves. be it the elevator taking too long, or the way mori smiled at you during your debriefing.

so far, you hadn't spoken a word to your partner. opting instead for the silent game. although you knew somewhere in the back of your mind that you couldn't ignore his gaze forever. all throughout your debriefing, you'd felt the intensity of his lovely blue eyes, the ones you refuse to meet with your own e/c ones.

were you being a tad dramatic? probably. but you couldn't bring yourself to swallow the fear that continually built in your chest. the fear of what it is you felt towards the executive. you couldn't break it down well enough in your own head, but you're only pushing him away because it's easier. because it's safer. you shouldn't play with things you don't understand, and these feelings are something you very much didn't understand.

deep down, you know the executive makes you want to throw away all of your uncertainty's. the way you feel about him is so much different, so much more than you've felt about anyone else.

these emotions make you so warm. just picturing the executives azure eyes causes butterflies to erupt in your stomach, and your heart to soar up and away, as if your heart itself has sprouted wings only from the power of your emotions.

it's as though your heart is on display for only the executive, and sometimes it feels as though he knows everything you're thinking, even though you're sure you aren't that readable. the executive just has some special way of making you feel so totally exposed, and the excitement this completely uncharted territory brings you, terrifies you. sometimes the intensity scares you so bad that you feel your only two options are to fight it and flee from it.

but the mission ahead of you would be a good way to vent. taking your frustration out on a mission could be good for you, and maybe after you've rid yourself of your rage, you'll be able to gain some clarity.

needless to say, the car ride to the mission point was silent. every time you felt chuuya's gaze on your cheek, you turned your head towards the window a little bit more, intent on putting off the inevitable conversation as long as possible.

the both of you got out of the car, taking a moment to scan the area you could see, before sending some people around the back to check if it was clear for entry.

you leaned against the car door, chuuya on the opposite side. you let out a tired sigh, waiting for chuuya's word to begin the raid.

you turn to chuuya as he speaks quietly into his com system, your eyes meeting his unreadable gaze immediately.

"y/n, get back in the car." the executive says slowly, a warning tone in his low voice that set you on edge immediately, sending a chill running down your spine.

"why?" you question, bracing your hands on the top of the car as you match chuuya's intense stare with your own.

"because our orders were to back off if the detective agency got here first." the man before you gestured to the car again, a scowl making its way onto his face as he began to open his door to the car.

you grabbed the handle of your own door, beginning to open it before it was slammed shut by someone behind you.

you spun around, landing a hard kick to the mans kneecap, causing him to stagger backwards, and let out a noise of pain.