14

the alleyway the two of you were standing in was small, and it blocked out most of the light filling the streets, so that the both of you were shrouded in shadows.

"are you ready?" chuuya asked you, staring into your e/c eyes. you. of quickly, trying not to stare as the executive adjusts his choker with his thumb.

"yeah, i'm ready." you respond, voice level as you glance at the executive, who walks beside you as you make your way out of the alleyway, and a little ways down a side street around the back of a big building.

"will you do the honors?" chuuya asks you, a playful smirk dancing on his features. "or shall i?"

your own mischievous smirk lights up on your face, igniting a competitive fire inside you. "i'll let you have this. but if we end up burning this place down, it's a competition." you grin, quirking a challenging eyebrow at the man beside you.

chuuya looks a bit surprised, before his previous smirk returned to his lips, and he seemed to be kindling a competitive fire of his own.

"you're on."

the back doors of the building go flying off heir hinges as soon as chuuya lays a finger on them, and the both of you are immediately met with gunfire and threatening shouts.

"well, this isn't a very warm welcome." chuuya glances at you, who's beginning to glow with the yellow electricity of your sheomri form. "should we teach them who it is they're messing with?"

you nod eagerly, sending electricity to cover your body, a protective shield of crackling sparks. you wait for your partner to move, and when he does you immediately move yourself, sending a large shock of electricity outwardly, towards a small group of the shooters.

immediately you follow after your lightning strike, unsheathing the katana chuuya had given you this morning, and in a few quick strikes, they're all dead.

"let's take this party up to the boss' office." chuuya's ocean eyes shone with excitement as he spoke. you nod, slashing at another enemy as you jump around, evading any and all gunshots that come your way.

"that does sound fun." you grin, kicking off a wall, and flapping your wings to take the head clean off the shoulders of yet another target at a high speed.

you fly towards another set of doors on the opposite end of the room, and look behind you to check if your partner was following. you sigh, and break straight through the doors when chuuya catches up to you.

you spot the staircase, and make a dash for it, and you both were up the stairs before either of you put your foot on the first step.

"whoever finds the boss' office first gets fifty yen!" you yell, shooting off down the corridor, and leaving chuuya behind to catch up.

make a split second decision, and whiz past the doors that litter the hallway. the boss would probably be at the end.

you drop onto the ground as you stop in front of the double doors, this has to be where the boss is. you turn and notice chuuya is nearly beside you, and you kick the door open, to where a man is sitting calmly at his desk, writing something down on a piece of paper. he drops the pen when you make your forceful entrance, and he looks up at the two of you, a questioning eyebrow raised.

"to what do i owe this pleasure?" he smiles, raising his arms in welcome. chuuya glances at you, and you shrug, switching your weight from one foot to the other impatiently.