Chapter 3

The next few days went by rather quickly. Izuku steered clear of Shoto and Hitoshi, although it was significantly easier to avoid Hitoshi, seeing as they were in different classes.

Izuku had a hunch that Shoto knew something was up, but out of respect for his friend, didn't bring it up or try to corner the green haired boy. Izuku couldn't be more thankful for that.

Currently, Izuku was sitting in class, fidgeting with his pencil nervously as Aizawa explained their training exercise for the day. Training raised the risk of contact with Shoto, which Izuku couldn't exactly afford at that moment.

"-this will be a rerun, of sorts, of the hero verses villains exercise you all did last year with All Might." The teacher explained. "Your teams will be rearranged and we'll be monitoring your progress."

Izuku let out a shaky breath as he made his way into the locker rooms to put his hero suit on. He kept his head down and tried to avoid everyone, not just Shoto, to hopefully draw less suspicion to the red and white haired boy.

He walked out of the locker room and went straight to Uraraka. "I don't know if I can do this." He whispered to her.

"Good to know you're finally coming around. You should just tell them." She whispered back, gently nudging him in the direction of Shoto.

He shook his head at her. "That's not what I meant. I mean I don't know if I can do this exercise." He said back, moving back to his original spot while Uraraka sighed.

"Deku, this is going to end up in flames, you have to see that, right?" She told him, fixing the wrist pieces on her own suit.

"Go big or go home, right?" Izuku shot back with a playful grin as his name was called for the exercise. He was up first.

"Oh, I might have forgotten to mention-" Aizawa was cut off by more kids flooding into the training arena. "-class 2-B is going to be joining us."

"Deku, you're screwed." Uraraka said as she walked past him to get to Shoto, who she'd be partnered up with.

"I know." He whispered to himself as Hitoshi walked over to him. They were partners.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why does God hate me?" Izuku whined to Uraraka. "I'm partners with Shinso and we're going against Todoroki. Uraraka, I'm so, so screwed." He said as they waited for their round to start.

"Don't touch them and you'll be good. Have Shinso go after Todoroki and you just go for me, okay? Better yet, have Shinso look for us while you stay with the bomb." She said, seeing as Izuku and Hitoshi were villains.

"This is so cheating." He whispered with a smile as they separated to go with their teams.

Hitoshi looked up at him as they made their way to the building they'd be hiding in with the bomb. "You seem awfully buddy-buddy with the enemy." He pointed out.

"She's my best friend and this is a training exercise." Izuku said back, an amused smile dancing across his lips.

"Hm, sure. Just don't let it affect the training. I don't feel like failing because of your 'bestie'." Hitoshi said, holding the door for Izuku to walk in.

"Don't worry, it won't." Izuku said with a hum as they made it up to the bomb's location.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Training had commenced and Izuku, being the logical idiot he was, decided that it would be best if he went out to find Uraraka and Shoto. He knew that Uraraka was completely expecting him to stay with the bomb and would have told Shoto that, so the most logical option would be to throw them off.

Which was why he was currently fighting against Shoto's fire and ice. It was completely unfair, seeing as he couldn't land a hit on him without completely screwing himself over.

"Deku! You have to stop!" Uraraka shouted at him from the sides as she watched the two boys fight each other.

"Not to sound like a jerk, but Uraraka we're kind of on a timer here, so if you could go find the bomb, that'd be great." Shoto said, shooting ice at Izuku, who dodged it quickly.

"I'm not leaving you two here." She said back, crossing her arms over her chest as she watched them.

"Then help me." Shoto shot back, clearly not in the mood to deal with her stubborn attitude.

Soon enough, Izuku was floated up to the ceiling of the room. He just kind of stared straight down, unsure of where to go from there.

"You couldn't have done that five minutes ago?" Shoto asked as he looked up at Izuku and then made his way over to Uraraka.

She just shrugged in response. "Didn't think of it five minutes ago."

Shoto shook his head at her. "Let's just go find Shinso and the bomb. He doesn't look like he's going anywhere any time soon." He said as he led Uraraka to a stair well so they could keep looking through the building.

Of course, as soon as they left, Izuku snapped out of his little daze. He looked around the room before crawling and bouncing his way across the ceiling to the empty window.

"Oh, I have to be crazy." He muttered as he carefully made his way out the window.

He kept a firm grip on the windowsill as he looked up the wall to see where he could have another hand hold.

Once he found one on the window he needed to get to, he let go and tried to not puke as he floated straight up. He watched as the sill came closer and closer. His breath hitched as he just barely grabbed hold in time.

"Midoriya? What the hell are you doing?!" Hitoshi asked as he saw Izuku hanging onto the windowsill tightly. He rushed over to help him, but Izuku jerked back right before he could grab hold of his arm.

Resulting in him letting go of the arm.

"Shit!" Izuku shouted as he started to float away. "Go find Uraraka!" He shouted to Hitoshi.

The purpled haired boy stared in horror before nodding and running out of the room.

"Uraraka! Where the hell are you? Midoriya's literally floating away!" He shouted as he ran down the stairs.

"He's what?!" Came the response from a few flights below him.

"Hurry up!" Hitoshi yelled as they all ran down the stair to get outside.

"Oh my god." Uraraka whispered as they saw Izuku going higher and higher up.

"Release him!" Shoto shouted, running with Hitoshi to try and get under him.

"I-I can't, he's to high up!" She tried to reason with him.

"Uraraka, he's not getting any lower, release. him." Hitoshi growled out to her.

"Someone else needs to catch him!" She shouted.

"Uraraka, release him already!" A different classmate shouted. They had all been watching on monitors and had come running, the teachers included.

The poor brunette didn't know what to do anymore and just released Izuku, hoping that someone else would catch him.

Hitoshi, who only knew that Shoto was one of Izuku's soulmates, had a hunch that Izuku was avoiding him for a reason. Which meant Uraraka probably knew and was trying to avoid them touching because of the pain that would come with it.

So as a last ditch effort to help the green haired boy, he pushed Shoto aside and tried to catch Izuku himself.

Only to be pushed away himself by someone no one would have been expecting. Izuku stared up at the student that had caught him and had saved him from a whole lot of pain, in complete and utter disbelief.

He was currently being held in the arms of Katsuki Bakugou.