Chapter 6

"Deku, you fucking idiot!"

Izuku quickly stopped himself before he could make contact with Hitoshi, the blond's angry yell enough to snap him back to reality. His eyes went wide as he fully grasped the mistake he had almost just made.

Hitoshi was looking at him, utterly confused on what had just happened, he hadn't even realized that Izuku was going to hug him.

Bakugou stomped his way across the roof and grabbed Izuku by the back of the shirt, hauling him to his feet. Izuku just let it happen, but Hitoshi was on his feet just as quickly, ready to help out the shorter. It wasn't a secret the distain the blond had for Izuku.

"You're gonna get yourself killed." Bakugou hissed to Izuku, quiet enough that Hitoshi couldn't understand what he had said.

"I know." Izuku said dejectedly. He realized how stupid he was for nearly touching the purple haired boy.

"C'mon, I apparently need to chain you to a fucking wall or something." Bakugou muttered, throwing a heated glare at Hitoshi.

He wasn't exactly sure why he was starting to care about Izuku's wellbeing so much. Maybe it was the fact he had gone through that pain before and wouldn't wish it on anyone, exact maybe those villains that kidnapped him first year. Or maybe it was the fact that all his guilt from everything he did in middle school was catching up with him. Either way, he felt that the stupid nerd was his responsibility now, and he'd be damned if he failed at looking after him. Clearly he couldn't look after himself.

"Whoa, what's wrong? Where're you two going?" Hitoshi asked as Bakugou dragged Izuku, not that he was trying to get away at all.

"I- um- we- sorry Shinso!" Izuku called as he was pulled through the door and down the stairs.

Hitoshi sat on the roof for a while after that, thinking of his next course of action.

He had no idea what was going on between Bakugou and Izuku, but he couldn't say he liked it. Wherever that blond was involved, violence and anger followed.

The fact that Izuku had willingly touched Bakugou made Hitoshi think that he definitely wasn't one of the green haired boy's soulmates, but that just left the question of who the second actually was.

Hitoshi couldn't help the guilt he felt at the fact he knew that Shoto was one of Izuku's soulmates, yet the dual haired boy didn't. How was that at all fair to Shoto?

With that thought in mind, Hitoshi set out to do something he knew that Izuku would hate him for, but it would be better for everyone in the long run.

He was going to tell Shoto what he saw on Izuku's wrist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kacchan, you can let go of me now." Izuku whined, tripping over his own feet because of how fast Bakugou was walking in front of him.

"You sure you're not just going to run right back into the arms of the soulmates you're trying so hard to avoid?" Bakugou sneered at him, more malice in his tone than he had planned for. He sighed when he saw Izuku flinch. "I'm just trying to help you, Deku." He muttered.

"I know, Kacchan. Thank you. If you hadn't stopped me, I don't know what would have happened." Izuku whispered, his mind shifting through a million different possibilities, all ending badly for him.

"If you're planning on keeping this hidden from them, you need to be more fucking careful." Bakugou stated, pulling Izuku into his dorm, surprising the green haired boy. No one, that Izuku knew of, had ever been in the blond's dorm before.

Bakugou threw himself down on his bed, shifting around until he was comfortable and looked at Izuku with a raised brow. "What'd ya waiting for? An invitation?"

Izuku squeaked and quickly took a seat at the end of the bed, eyeing the blond carefully. He just wanted to make sure he didn't do something that would set Bakugou off. This is the longest the two had gone without yelling or getting violent.

In all honestly, Izuku had missed his childhood best friend and he just wished they could be as close as they once were.

"So are you still being a dumbass and not telling them?" Bakugou asked after a brief moment of silence.

Izuku rubbed the heels of his palms into his eyes. "I'm not being a dumbass, I'm being cautious and trying to protect myself! Why doesn't anyone seem to get that? What good would it do to get all attached just for them to reject me?" He asked, his voice raising slightly to Bakugou's surprise. It wasn't often Izuku yelled, let alone at him.

"That's stupid, they're your soulmates and both have had a thing for you since the sports festival last year." Bakugou said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Izuku gaped at him. "I beg your pardon?"

The blond rolled his eyes and grabbed a pillow, messing with one of the corners as he talked. "You've got to be one of the only people to ever break out of that mind freak's hold. He had to have been instantly floored and if the way he watches you in training is any indication, he has more than a little crush on you, you blind fuck. Not to mention half and half. You broke a bunch of your fucking bones just to help him get over his daddy issues and now he can freely use his left side. Fun fact, you damn nerd, the human heart is located on the left side of the body, you literally set his heart on fire." Bakugou couldn't help but smirk when Izuku went bright red.

"None of that means that they actually like me or would want to be with me. They could just mutually respect me as an aspiring pro." Izuku pointed out, really grasping at straws.

Bakugou growled in frustration, hitting Izuku in the head with the pillow repeatedly as the smaller boy shrieked. "You're. fucking. stupid." He said, landing a hit in between every word. "It's so painfully obvious that they both have a fucking crush on you, just get over yourself and fucking tell them!" He said with a glare as he sat back on his heels.

Izuku sat back up, catching his breath from the assault. "I can't, there's too much at stake."

The blond was still for a few seconds, and Izuku was worried he might have broken him. Before lunged forwards abruptly and started his pillow assault once again. This time, Izuku couldn't help the laughter that bubble up from within him, leading Bakugou to also find the humor in the situation, but his chuckles were much lighter.

"Hey Kat, have you- Whoa, what did I just walk in on?"