Chapter 12

"I'm sorry, what?" Surprisingly, Shoto was the one to ask, looking completely baffled by the news.

"Yeah, me, Sero, Kirishima, and Bakugou are all dating Izuku." Kaminari said with a simple nod before freezing. "Wait, we're not dating each other though, we're all just bros, we're kind of just... you know, sharing the green bean." He quickly re-explained.

"Shitty hair and I are." Bakugou interjected with a tired look at the electric blond.

"Did you forget the fact we're soulmates?" Kirishima asked Kaminari, nudging him slightly in a teasing manner.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, back up a little. You're all dating Deku, and Kirishima and Bakugou are soulmates? When did- How- Can we get a better explanation?" Uraraka asked, holding her head as she already felt the throbbing beginning.

"This doesn't make any sense, ribbit." Tsuyu added in, also confused beyond belief.

"So what? The whole squads been crushing on the green bean for a while now and he's been down in the dups with the whole blank wrist thing, so we tried to cheer him up and one thing lead to another and-" Kaminari's quick thought up lie was interrupted by Iida.

"Blank wrist?" The class rep asked, concern and pity showing in his eyes.

"But Shinso said that he saw two names-" Shoto tried to cut in, knowing that Hitoshi had at least been able to get that in before Bakugou scared him off.

"I told you he thought he saw something he really didn't." Izuku said, trying really hard to avoid eye contact with the taller male. He had spent a lot of time with Shoto over the past yearish of time, so he had a feeling he'd know he was lying.

Shoto took a singular step forward, "But I saw your wrist that night to. I didn't get a good look, but I know it wasn't blank." He said, letting just a hint of desperation enter his voice, but it went unnoticed by everyone but Izuku.

"I don't know what you saw that night, but it wasn't a name." Izuku muttered.

"Then prove it." Shoto said quickly. "Show us your wrist."

Izuku snapped his head up, looking apprehensively into Shoto's eyes. He didn't break eye contact as he lifted his sleeve, showing off a completely blank wrist.

Mina had gotten him come conceal for situations like this. They figured they'd have to prove the blank wrist theory at least once.

Shoto's eyes widened slightly at the sight. He wasn't sure what to believe anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day went by sort of awkwardly. No one in the class could think of a single time one of Izuku's 'boyfriends' weren't touching him. Even when it was completely inconvenient for everyone involved, he always had at least one hand on him.

Once school was let out, Shoto made his way over to the class 2-B dorms. He needed to talk with Hitoshi.

"Whoa, what the hell are you doing here?" One of the teens in the common area asked.

Shoto didn't know who he was and he didn't really care. "I'm looking for Shinso, do you know where he is?" He asked.

"Right here." A voice spoke up. Hitoshi stood by the main door, his backpack still on one shoulder.

"We need to talk." Shoto said simply.

Hitoshi had a good feeling he knew what the dual haired teen needed to talk about, so he agreed and led him over to the elevator. It was a silent ride, but wasn't necessarily awkward, just quiet.

Once they made it up to Hitoshi's room, the purple haired teen pointed to his desk chair while he took a seat on the bed. "What happened?" He asked.

"Midoriya's dating Bakugou, Kirishima, Sero, and Kaminari, and his wrist is blank." Shoto explained quickly. He had no time to waste on being thorough. Hitoshi just needed the basic facts.

The other teen was in a stunned silence, unsure of where to even begin.

"He's... his wrist isn't blank." Hitoshi said finally.

Shoto just shook his head. "That's what I thought too. I saw writing in his wrist that night on the roof, but today he showed us his wrist and it was completely blank." He brought a hand up to rub his face and then rest his chin down on it.

"Make up." Hitoshi said, brushing off the possibility he was wrong. "I say the names, I read one. Trust me, he's lying to everyone."

"Why would he do that? And why would he be dating four people that he barely even talked to previously?" Shoto asked getting more frustrated with the lack of answers.

"He must have..." Hitoshi trailed off, trying to think of any reason for the new found 'boyfriends'. "Did he touch you at all?" He suddenly asked, snapping his head up to looking at Shoto.

Red and white brows were scrunched up in confusion. "Um, no? Why would that matter? How would-"

Silence.

"You saw... my name?" Shoto asked Hitoshi slowly, gripping on of his pant legs anxiously.

"Yeah." Hitoshi breathed out.

Shoto brought his hands up to cover his mouth while he took a few deep breaths. "He's my-" He cut himself off.

"Yeah." Hitoshi said after a few seconds.

Shoto shook his head. "But I haven't even been close to him since his birthday, which makes a lot of sense now, so I haven't touched him." He said. "You think he's- our- whatever, you think he touched the other person? Wouldn't he be in a lot of pain then?"

Hitoshi shook his head with a sigh. "Not necessarily. Sometimes people can withstand the pain when they're touching other people, that's what happened with my parents." He explained.

That's when it clicked for Shoto. "That's why he's dating those four! All day today, Midoriya wouldn't go for a second without one of them touching him. Even during classes he was holding Bakugou's hand." He nearly shouted as everything finally came together.

"Well then he touched his other soulmate, which means he's going to be in a lot of pain, really soon." Hitoshi mumbled, trying to think of how long it might have been since Izuku touched his soulmate.

"What'd you mean? He has those four, he'll be fine, won't he?" Shoto asked, his concern for the green haired boy doubling now that he knew they were soulmates. He had had a small crush on Izuku since the sports festival and Hosu, but this only spurred it on.

Hitoshi was already standing and moving towards the door, having figured out exactly when Izuku touched his soulmate and he was running out of time. "That alternative only works for an average of two to three days. It's been four."

Shoto was quick to follow after him as the basically sprinted down the stairs and out of the building. Once they were in 2-A's dorms, Shoto called out to him. "How do you know it's been four days?"

Hitoshi didn't waste his breath answering, instead taking the stairs up two at a time. "What floor is he on?" He asked.

"Second." Shoto answered.

Hitoshi just prayed that they went to Izuku's room.

When they reached the dorm they needed, Hitoshi didn't even bother with knocking, already being able to hear Izuku's muffled screams of pain.

All heads snapped to the open door.

Bakugou's hands instantly sparked up as he stepped in front of the bed. "What the hell are you two doing here?!" He yelled.

Hitoshi didn't even flinched as he pushed him to the side and ran right up to Izuku. He quickly grabbed the smaller boy and pulled him into a hug.

The screams died down almost instantly as Izuku melted into the embrace.

Shoto stared at the two in shock, while Hitoshi looked at him with almost a mirrored expression.

"Guess I'm soulmate number two."