Chapter 5

"You're completely fine, a few bruises from where Bakugou caught you, but there was no need for you to come all the way down here." Recovery Girl said in confusion. She knew Izuku, and she knew he hated going down to her office if he wasn't half dead. She had no clue why he was here over a few minor bruises.

Izuku let out a sigh of exhaustion. It had been a long day and he really just wanted to go back to his dorm and sleep, not deal with Recovery Girl's questions. "Kacchan insisted I get checked out." He answered, not telling her that he had really just used it as a cover to integrate him.

The elderly woman's eyebrows shut up at the piece of new information, clearly not expecting it. "Bakugou insisted? Since when has he, to be frank, cared?" She asked.

Izuku shook his head, a small smile on his face at the question. "Not a clue." He said, even though he was well aware the only reason the blond seemed to care was because he had gone through the same thing he was going to have to.

"Hm, well you should get back to class then. Don't come back unless it's life threatening." She sent him off with a scolding.

Izuku nodded sheepishly and quickly exited the room. He had been instructed to go back to class, but would anyone really notice if he was missing for the last few hours of the day?

He wasn't going to go hide in his room, knowing someone would eventually look there. Instead he decided to head up to the roof, like he had the night of his birthday.

Unfortunately for him, he was met with the same sight as that night. Hitoshi was also sitting on the roof, looking as though he was searching for something or someone down below. The purple haired teen noticed Izuku before he could sneak off again.

"There you are!" He exclaimed, not standing, but shifting his body so he was facing the freckled teen.

"Oh, um, yeah. Where you looking for me?" Izuku asked with a puzzled expression while he made his way over to sit on the ledge next to Hitoshi. He kept a few feet in between them though, worried that they'd accidently touch.

"A lot of people are." Hitoshi answered. "You never came back to training after Bakugou and Uraraka and when Aizawa asked Recovery Girl, she said she sent you back." He explained.

Izuku mentally cursed himself. "Great, so I'm going to be in a whole lot of trouble." He muttered.

"Doubtful, I think everyone will be too relieved to really be upset." Hitoshi said with a shrug, turning his gaze back over the side of the roof.

There was a momentary lapse of silence, neither boy knowing what to say next. Until Hitoshi brought up something that had been bugging him since Izuku's birthday.

"Why won't you tell Todoroki that you're soulmates?" He voiced, making Izuku freeze up and look at him in shock.

"Wh-what?!" Izuku stuttered. 'If he knows about Todoroki, then does he know about himself? No, he would have said something if he did. Right?'

"The night of your seventeenth, I saw the first name on your wrist. It said Shoto Todoroki, so why haven't you told him? Or your other soulmate for that matter?" Hitoshi asked, keeping his gaze pointed away from Izuku.

Izuku quickly shook his head. "I-I don't know wh-what you're t-talking about! Todoroki isn't one of the names on my wrist, and even if he was, I don't see how that's any of your business." He rushed out, crossing his arms over his chest and looking away.

Hitoshi actually chuckled at what he said, catching Izuku completely off guard. Hitoshi wasn't a 'chuckling' sort of guy and it was rare anyone ever heard the sound.

"I'm not stupid or blind, Midoriya. I know Todoroki's name is on your wrist, why else would Uraraka not want him to be the one to catch you?" He asked, throwing Izuku a side glance for a few seconds.

'So you're a little stupid. How did you not notice that she didn't want you to catch me either?' Izuku thought, but instantly scolded himself for calling Hitoshi stupid. He wasn't stupid, he just probably wasn't even thinking that it was a possibility for him to be Izuku's other soulmate, so he was completely over looking the signs.

"I still don't see how that's any of your business." Izuku restated, still not looking at the purple haired boy.

He vaguely shrugged his shoulders. "I guess it's not, but I'm honestly just trying to help you out. You know the second you touch either of them, you'll being going through a hell of a lot of pain, right? Is it really worth keeping it a secret? I don't know you or Todoroki well, but you both seem like decent people, so why hide it?" Hitoshi rattled off questions, his curiosity getting the best of him.

The greenette shook his head solemnly. "It's not like that. Both of my soulmates are great people, I... I already adore both of them, but I just... I'm going to wait until they turn seventeen, that way they can have the next few months to live without having to deal with the hassle of having me as a soulmate, dragging them down. Neither of them need or deserve that. Once they turn seventeen, I won't exactly be able to hide it anymore and it'll be up to them if they want to be with me or not."

Hitoshi looked genuinely shocked by the shorter boy's train of thought. "Midoriya, you do realize how absolutely stupid you're being, right?" He asked slowly, unsure of how the other teen would take the criticism.

Izuku scowled, having already been told that multiple times from two different people. "Uraraka and Kacchan have already said that enough. I get it, to other people it sounds stupid, but to me it makes perfect sense. Besides, you don't exactly get a say in this, so just leave it." He shot back. He didn't want to hear anyone else's opinion on how terribly he was handling his soulmates. He didn't need to hear it.

"But they're right. Midoriya," Hitoshi paused and let out a short breath as he tried to think of the right words to say. "Look, like I said before, I don't know you very well, but from what I do know, you're a great person. You're nice, intelligent, selfless, and probably the most caring person out of everyone in both our classes. Anyone would be lucky to have you as a soulmate. You're not a hassle and if your soulmates think otherwise, they're blind and don't deserve to even have a soulmate, let alone you. Got it?"

Izuku was near tears by the end of Hitoshi's small speech. Without even thinking, he was lunging forward into the other boy's arms.