4.

"Mohabbat dur jaane na de,
Nafrat paas aane na de.

Rabba mere kya hai teri marzi?"

_ Anonymous

The tension was thick among them from the drive until Manor that it could be easily cut with a knife. They all were too silent and on edge the entire ride stuck between the two Alphas; Zaman and Bineesh.

It was shocking for everyone, even for Zaman when she took the seat in the back herself instead of the front beside Zaman leaving that free for Malaika to mentally dance right there.

"Zaman! Thank you so much for coming with us today. It helped me alot." Malaika grinned thankfully. She is the only one who can't feel the tension or maybe she is a really good actor.

Zaman glanced into the rear mirror. She didn't even spare a glance at them, staring out the window when Malaika was talking to him so comfortably. It was like it doesn't effect her suddenly, her emotions completely locked away.

"You know Shahid gonna love that watch you choose!" She playfully touched his arms, blabbering excitedly half of the things Zaman didn't pay attention to.

Beenish silence is making him uncomfortable.

The only sign that she was effected is the sudden stiffness in her body language when Malaika touched him yet she didn't react still looking outside the window.

What's your new game now Bini?

"I think you should come to shopping with us more often." Malaika smiled putting her hand again on his arms in flirticious manner.

Zaman stiffened not liking her sudden touch. It was weirdly different from her past touches.

"No thank you! It already has cost me alot!" He snapped clenching his jaw and pushed her hands away from him and Beenish body loosen up in relief.

Was Bini right?

Is he really leading her on unintentionally?

Malaika moves didn't last for long even after the opportunity given by the queen herself after Zaman rudely snapped at her And since then it was nothing but sickening tension in the car and two stealing glances in the rear mirror.

Eventually, the car ride was over and they reached their Manor.

Beenish was the first to step down and rushed inside like her behind is on fire without waiting for anyone. Zaman was the last to step down from the car and sighed feeling worn out from events and the tension he suffered. Especially her silence.

"Mujhe iske bolne se zada iski khamoshi se dr lagta hai.." Hamza shuddered already fearing the storm that she is going to wreck.

(I fear her silence more than her blabbering.)

Zaman was quite but he couldn't deny his comment. He is feeling anxious. He will admit it or not but her silence is giving him fright.

"Galti bhi khud ki or nakhre bhi ab khud dikha rahi hai.." Zaman scoffed shaking his head. "Itna gussa kise aata hai!" he gritted out and walked walked away.

(She is the one at fault and now throwing a tantrum.) (Who has such temper now?)

Sarah and Hamza exchanged helpless look before following him inside.

*******

"Arey Humaima where is our Nishi?" Idris asked his sister when they all gathered for the dinner on the table.