5.

"Ghar kitna viran lagta haina jb ye dono nahi lad rahe hote."

(Home looks so alone when these two aren't arguing.)

"Really Ammi?" Hamza asked amusedly staring at his mother; Ruhi who is dreamily watching Zaman and Beenish arguing over something after two days going without any argument.

All the family members were gathered in the Manor lounge after dinner.

"Haa dekho na!" His mother pointed towards them grinning.

(Yeah!Look at them.)

That day isn't far when this Manor will turn into an asylum. Hamza mentally shuddered at the image of the outcome before diverting his attention to the arguing couple too like everyone around them.

"Zaman dein na!" She whined.

(Zaman give it!)

"No!"

Zaman its just a card! Why can't you give me?" She hissed in frustration.

"I don't trust you!" It was a quick reply.

"Zaman aap mujhe apna card de rahe hai ya nahi?" Beenish threatened glaring him down murderously, her hands fixed on her waist.

(Zaman are you giving me your card or not?)

"Why what happened to your salary?" He asked narrowing his eyes on her.

"Hayee Allah!" She exclaimed in horror. "Mamu!" She tilted her face a little in her father-in-law direction. "Look at him! Ab ye typical shoharo ki tarha mujhse paiso ka hisab lenge!" She complained while Idris only chuckled in response and Zaman eyes grew big on accusation.

(OMG!) (He will now interrogate me about my expenditure like a typical husband!)

"Main hisab nahi le raha main bs puch raha hu!" He snapped in his defence.

(I am not assessing, I am just asking!)

"Toh!" She gasped dramatically. "Ise hisab lena hi kehte hai!"

(So?) (This is what we call assessing!)

"Acha ye to btao paise kitne chahiye? I will give you the cash!" He tried to negotiate.

"I want your card!" She stood her ground stubbornly.

"Why card?" He asked suspiciously. "Why not cash?"

"Exactly!" She retorted. "Why not card ? Why cash?" She narrowed her eyes on him and he finally sighed in defeat.

He pulled out the wallet from his back pocket and finally handed her his credit card; its shine was taunting him and Beenish's thin but plum lips stretched into a victorious grin before she ran away with his card to her room.

He shook his head dreadfully while everyone around him laughed.

Except Sanam and Malaika who looked disgruntled.

***********

"Sarah..."

Sarah was making her side of the bed to retire for the night when Malaika called her name to get her attention while rubbing moisturiser on her skin .

"Hmm.." She responded fixing her pillow before laying her head on it.

"Yeh Beenish ka masla kya hai?" She asked frowning.

(What's the matter with Bineesh?)

"Why? What she did now?" Sarah asked in attention, hoping Nishi didn't do anything to Malaika again.