Chapter 40. Suffocatingly cold

Hey guys. So I've been writing allot today since I was up really early. I had to go to an orthopedic this morning in the hospital. They took x-ray pictures of my shoulders. Apparently I have Hyperlaxity and possibly a muscle disease :/ I hope not to be honest.

Also yes I am aware that  there are probaby allot of grammar errors in the first chapters of this story. English isn't my native language, it's Dutch. After I finish the entire story I will go back over everything and correct all the grammar errors I can find and possibly even add some detail.

I've noticed some people Don't know the name of the protagonist of the story. It's "Devis'' When I started this story I didn't think this trough as Devis could sound much like ''Device'' in english but in Dutch it is pronounced like ''Dave-is''. 

Also I should probably give a trigger warning for this chapter shouldn't I?

![TRIGGER WARNING  FOR, ABUSE AND BLOOD]!

I hope that  sets it all, enjoy~

-LivingDeadSoul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We stayed a little longer like that. I went with Tyler back upstairs to my room at about an hour before the time I thought my dad would come home. Amy called me down again after a few hours saying dad had come home and had brought food. Chinese food to be precise, so we ate with the 3 of us. Mom didn’t come home until much later in the evening.  I greeted her and wished her good night before going back upstairs again. Switching off the lights before settling between the blankets, I whispered  a good night to Tyler as well. ‘’Good night, kid.’’ He replied.

I was awakened by a cold pressure on my neck growing tighter and tighter.  I wanted to gasp for air but found myself unable to. Fear strung in as I opened my eyes and met with steel gray once that were ice cold.  I froze momentarily.  T-Tyler? He was sitting on top of me with both of his hands tightly wrapped around my neck. Why? I wanted to yell out his name tell him to stop but my airway was cut off and I ended up just opening and shutting my mouth like a fish making choking noises in all my effort. I lifted my arms desperately trying to claw his hands off my neck, but his grip only turned tighter. I tried to kick him off of me but he didn’t budge. My arms went limp after a little while and my vision started to go black.  If he doesn’t let go I’m going to die. Please I begged in my head.

 As if my pleads were heard he released me. The black slowly ebbed away as I gasped and sputtered for air. But it was for a limited amount of time before I felt one cold hand lock back on its previous spot as I was violently hurled to the ground. I hit the cold floor hard and all previous air I had inhaled was knocked back out of me again. Before I realized it Tyler was standing next to me on the floor, looking down on me  as I tried to get up, still a little dizzy from the  lack of oxygen. He kicked me over and pinned me to the floor, moved to grab something from his pocket, and let it dangle above my face. I grunted in pain closing my eyes before opening them to see the dangling object.

 It..it was the orange crystal that fortune lady gave me..but it can’t be. I saw him destroy it, I-I pulled the shards out of his burned hand..I don’t understand.  He flicked it into his hand by its cord  and moved his hand to my left pressing the crystal flat into my palm. My body jolted to the pain it brought. I squeezed my eyes shut making the tears, I didn’t notice had build up in the corner of my eyes, slip over my cheeks. I whined in pain gasping for air at the stinging sensation that formed in my hand and started to spread all over my body like poison.

  I opened my eyes again seeing the same expressionless emotion on his face. Why couldn’t I read his expression? Was he enjoying this? Did he think he had to do this for some reason? Whatever feeling you have towards this at least fucking show it! Don’t make me feel like it doesn’t means anything to you! Like I don’t mean anything to you.. I wanted to scream at him but only groans of pain escaped my mouth. I looked at his hand that was pressing the crystal into my palm, and saw that it was burning him just as bad as me, if not more. The flesh of his hand was burning away even though my palm didn’t seem to have any physical wounds at all, but yet I could feel the burning pain all too well. My sight wandered to his face as I tried to hold in a groan, biting my lip so hard I wouldn’t be surprised if it drew blood.  His expression was still as cold not showing if the crystal was hurting him too.  I unclenched my bottom lip from my teeth tasting the iron taste of blood. ‘’T-TyAAAAH! ..ler..’’ What was left of his burned hand had thrown away the crystal. I could see his finger bones as most of his flesh and skin was scorched off and they were pointed together forming one dagger like claw which was….it..it had pierced my chest. I was panting as I saw all the blood start to pool out of the gaping hole in my chest as he ripped it back out and before I knew it, I started coughing up blood. I closed my eyes. This was it.. Any last words Devis? I doubted I could even say anything anymore as the pain was horrible and I was choking on my own blood. Here I was going, killed by something I called upon myself. What a tragic end. Don’t play with fire kids, you’ll get burned in the end…

If only this was the end, but it’s not for I woke up, eyes snapping open, wide with shock, cold sweat sticking to my forehead and my heart beating hard in my chest. My surroundings were dark except for the moonlight that illuminated part of my room. I was panting hard when I heard the rustling of bed sheets next to me and my breath hitched. I saw a figure sit up next to me with a bare chest and messy bed hair in the corner of my eye but I didn’t dare move. “Devis?’’ Called out a low voice carefully. I slowly turned my head meeting his eyes. He looking slightly sleepy and worried. I didn’t reply just stared at him not blinking. I saw him try to reach out but I flinched back, the images from my dream still fresh. He looked slightly sad and tried again this time slower and carefully pulled me into his chest shushing me as I started to breath heavy again. ‘’Shhhh Devis, it was just a dream.’’ A dream? Right it was..just a dream.. just a dream.

I rested my ear against his chest and found myself unable to hear a heartbeat. Somehow that didn’t weird me out as much as it might should have. He started petting circles on my back with his warm hands in a comforting manner and I found my heart beat slowing down. As he thought I had calmed down enough he gently grabbed me by the chin with his thumb and index finger and lifted it up so I could look in his eyes. Those moon colored eyes weren’t anything like the ones I saw in my dream. These were filled with concern and care and he slowly closed the space between our lips. The kiss didn’t involve tongue just the soft reassuring feeling of lips upon lips. He lingered like that for little while before he pulled back, a gently smile forming on his face. “Let’s go back to sleep.” He said in a soft voice as if talking to a small animal, trying not to scare it. I nodded not trusting myself to speak. I let him pull me gently back to the mattress, my arms curled between mine and his chest, warm arms around me and I closed my eyes. For a moment I felt save, my dream forgotten.. for now at least.

 -----------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment, vote, become a fan or anything. I'd appreciate it!