cincuenta y dos- im not okay

Leyla's pov

Leyla's pov

"I'm here!" I ran to the hospital waiting room where my brother, Jocelyn and Martín were at.

"Whats going on?" Oscar followed behind.

Nobody said anything.

I didnt know how to feel because all that happened was Antonio hugging me.

"I'm so sorry hermanita." He sobbed in my arms.

"What? Whats going on mano?" My voice was shaky.

"I'm all that you have left." He let out a sigh.

I awkwardly pulled away and look him in the eyes.

"Wha-"

"Mom and Javier were working at the Taqueria and it got shot up again. This time they actually took the money and ended up shooting mom and Javier." He was hysterical as he kicked a chair.

"Are you serious?" I started shaking.

Everything got so blurry. I felt Oscar grab a hold of me because of how unstable i was being.

"Baby its okay." He whispered.

"Take me to them." I screamed at the top of my lungs.

My thoughts just felt so scattered.

I didnt know how to feel.

I just lost my mom and Javier.

They are gone and they died probably thinking i hated them. I don't.

Anger is temporary.

I was angry at the time. All because of something so stupid.

Now there is no apology. No making up.

Its been a few weeks since they died and i still haven't processed anything.

All i do now is sit in bed and just think. I think about what i could've said to them when i had the chance.

I've slowly distanced myself from everybody to just really feel these emotions. Most of the time i would ignore my feelings and end up hurting in the long run.

But this time... i really want to just reflect on what just happened a few weeks ago.

So that i can come to peace with it all. But i don't think i ever will.

How even do you?

"Leyla." I heard Oscar drop his backpack on the floor of our bedroom as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"Hi." I gave a small smile as he pulled me in for a soft kiss.

"How you feelin today bebe?" He rubbed my back.

"I dont know anymore." I let out a sigh.

"You think you're ready to go back to school?"

"To be honest with you. No. I dont think i'll ever be." I laid back in my pillow.

"Ah leyla." He let out a sigh.

Oscar's pov

Once i got Leyla to calm down she ended up falling asleep.

So i took this time to chill outside with the boys.

"How is she?" Martín got all concerned.

"Not good. She's asleep now. But she's still broken. I mean shit... i dont blame her. She lost not only her real father to gang violence, she lost her mom and her best friend/ second parent too." I explain to the boys as they stayed silent.

"Yeah Antonio hasn't been the same either. He goes to school and all but he just sits there." Diego pouted.

"What should we do to help?"

"I mean all we can do it just be patient with them. They're both hurting." I shrugged.

—spookysblock

Next chapter is gonna be so funnnnnn ahhhhh

This had me so dead😭😭😭