Chapter 4- Daddy Issues and Taco Bell

THANK YOU FOR OVER 200 READS; LOVE YOU, ENJOY

"Yeah, he kind of just...left" I look down as I explain to Harry what happened to my dad.

We've basically just been talking after about an hour of tutoring and to be honest, I dont know how it led up to the conversation about my dad.

I look up to Harry, who is looking down at the desk, playing at the edges.

"Sorry he did that" he looks up at me

"Yeah, it's all good" I shrug.

Truth is, I think about my father a lot. And I'm not sure if its because I miss him, or if I'm just constantly reminded of what he did; leaving me and my mother behind.
Sometimes it makes me sad, but I know not to let it get to me.
He doesn't deserve any more tears from me or my mother, and I won't give any.

"So, now it's just you and your mom?" Harry asks hesitantly

"Just the two of us." I try to laugh

He chuckles softy as he looks back down to continue playing with the edge of the desk.

I watch as his fingers run along the edge, then look up at the time.

9:23

About two seconds after that, I feel my stomach start to grumble and I'm quick to pull my hands to my stomach hoping for it to not make another sound.

But then it grumbles again, this time loud enough for the whole world to hear.

I look up, praying that Harry didn't hear, but his face tells me otherwise.

He's trying not to laugh.

My stomachs grumbles again and that triggers him.
He starts cracking up and I just sit there, embarrased.

That is until after about 10 seconds into his laughter, his stomach grumbles even louder than mine did.

He looks up at me wide eyed, as I mirror his reaction.

We stare at each other for about 2 more seconds until breaking off into laughter.

"You're even more hungry than me" I clutch my stomach, uncontrollably laughing.

"I need more food than you, I'm a man" he stops laughing and pouts at me.

"Yeah ok" I say sarcastically as I stand up.

"It's true" he smiles and stands up as well.

I look at his tall frame, never fully realizing just how tall he is until now.

"So where are we gonna go?" he catches my gaze.

"Go where?" I ask, confused.

"To eat, obviously"

"Oh, I didn't know we were gonna go eat" I say, confused again.

"Well, I mean aren't you hungry?" he playfully makes fun of me

I send him a glare, then grab my purse.

"I'm thinking fast food" he says, excitedly

"Taco Bell?" I suggest

He grins from ear to ear and nods his head eagerly.

The childish look on his face causes me to laugh again as we walk out the door.

**

"Harry you really didn't have to. I'll pay you back" I start grabbing at my purse, feeling for my wallet

I feel his hands quickly grab my wrist and pull my hands away from my wallet.

"It's fine, don't worry honestly" he says

"No" I say, a little frustrated

"Yes" he speaks in the same tone as me

"No, because now I owe you two things" I slump my shoulders and hold two fingers up

He chuckles "You don't owe me anything for this, it was a friend to friend kind of thing"

My eyes widen at his words and I feel a poke of happiness in my heart, now knowing that we, in fact, are friends.

"Really, I don't mind" he laughs

"Ok ok," I look down "thanks."

"So, ya ready to go?" I hear Harry ask.

I look at the tray and see the many paper wrappings of the tacos.

I ate four.

Harry ate eleven.

"Yeah sure" I smile

We walk out of the booth and Harry tells the workers to have a good night. I look up at him and laugh as we walk out the front doors.

"What?" he looks down smiling

"Have a good night" I try to imitate his voice

"I do not sound like that" he laughs and keeps walking forward.

We reach our cars that we, thankfully, parked next to eachother.

I laugh "Well thanks for paying Harry, are you sure you don't want me to pay y-"

"You're welcome Alyssa" he cuts me off, obviously knowing what I was about to say

I feel my cheeks get warm as I blush slightly at him saying my name.

I'm not gonna lie, Harry is actually really attractive and like any girl would, I have a small crush on him.
I know not to let that crush grow, but it's kind of a nice feeling to have one.

"So I'll see you when I see you?" I look up to Harry, using my mothers words.

He chuckles "Yeah. You heading home?"

I nod my head "Yeah, my mom works late shifts on Saturdays and she asked me to clean the house"

"Ew, cleaning" he makes a disgusted face

"I know right" I laugh in agreement

I look back up, feeling a stare from something and catch Harry staring at me.

He looks away quickly "Um well have a good night"

He opens his car door

"You too" I smile and open my door, sitting down.

I turn on the ignition and feel the vibrations of the engine against my body.

Pulling out of the parking lot, I see Harry staring at me again.

I brush it off with a smile as I wave to him.
He quickly returns the wave and smiles while getting into his car.

THE END

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

jk it's not the end lol

Shout out to the person that can guess my favorite soda ; Coke, Canada Dry, or Sprite (;

I was going to update on New Years, but I was kind of busy dancing and partying tbh.

Either way, HAPPY NEW YEARS! I hope this year treats each and every one of you well(:

Trust me, I know this isn't the best chapter ever, it was just so tacky, and I'm sorry for that, but I hope you enjoyed it anyways(:

I might update later on today or tomorrow to make up for this chapter because you guys deserve it(:

Would you mind Voting and Commenting?

I really love to hear your feedback and if its constructive criticism, don't mind to comment or message me about it(:

And please Share to anyone that might like it!

Thank you for reading, I love you guys(:

- Jazmine <3 -