Chapter 12

Hi guys. I might not keep to my scheduled updates. I will try my best to still publish 3 chapters a week for this book or if I've finished I'll pump them out. But at this point, my grandma has been diagnosed with cancer and my studies have come back full swing.
Anyways what would you like to see next? Stalker story OR Mystery/Thriller story?
Enjoy

Dee

It's been a few hours since we've gotten to the house. Eric was on his phone with a scowl on his face cursing, eventually I told him to go somewhere else. On the bright side there was a rocking chair. Kyle, yes thank goodness we can call each other our normal names, he brought it inside the house for me.

It is a rustic house and everything creaks. We will have no jobs. We won't leave the house we won't do anything. So for me moving from the previous safe house to this one is like being locked up and shut out from the outside world.

I'm sitting on the rocking chair with Caleb in my arms. "If only my life was as carefree as yours..." I whisper to him. Kyle set up the crib and I've just finished feeding him. He's asleep now and I just don't want to put him down.

This boy. He's my everything. I would do anything for him, even give my life. Kyle strolls in and leans against the frame of the door, his eyes hold the most emotion I've ever seen in him. He smiles at me and my heart warms. 'Man I love him...'

I continue rocking and he walks over to look at out little one. "He's beautiful isn't he?" I ask Kyle and his smile just widens.

"Not as beautiful as you my precious." He takes Caleb and puts him in his crib before returning to me. He pulls me up and wraps his hands around me. He leans his head against mine. "It's going to be okay."

But it isn't okay... nothing is okay and nothing will ever be okay... until my ex-best friend is caught or killed.

"No baby. Don't cry..." I don't know when I started crying but the crying quickly turns into full blown sobs. He quickly helps me out the room and we head outside. Eric looks at us but doesn't say anything. We sit outside on the stairs and he holds me as I cry my heart out.

"What's wrong?" He asks me but I can't answer. "Are you worried?" I nod my head. "About Jay?" I nod again. "Why? About us? Or the twins?" At the mention of the twins I cry again. "Oh baby... I'm sure they are okay."

'I'm sure they are okay?!' I jump out of his arms and he looks dumbfounded. I run into the room where Eric was. He's still there. "I-I need to speak t-to them." He lifts his eyes to me and raises his eyebrow.

"Who?"

"My twins..." he shakes his head and opens his mouth but I continue. "Please... I need to know that they are fine..." he shakes his head and I become frantic. "Please Eric... I need to speak to them. Please..." I beg him and he eventually sighs.

"Fine. But just this once..." he pulls his phone out and dials a number. "Yes, Jane?" There's some noise on the other end before he passes me the phone.

I take it and put it to my ear. "Dee?" But it's not the twins. It's my mother... I sigh.

"Put them on please..." I say coldly, I don't want to speak to her.