Chapter 14

On Sunday, you signed the contract, agreeing to keep your 'relationship' going on for two more weeks. 

Jungkook informed you you were going to an amusement park the next day. 

"Don't you have work to do?", you asked. 

You barely saw him the whole week, after all. 

"Someone else can take care of it. We're going to Lotte World."

"Wait, what?"

You sat upright from the couch, putting your laptop away. 

"Lotte World, put on something light, it will be hot tomorrow."

He went upstairs before you could ask him more about it. 

You had to admit that you were excited. You couldn't recall the last time you've been to an amusement park, especially not this one.

When he came back, he had a suit jacket on. 

"Where are you going?", you asked, tiping away on your laptop. 

He looked at you confused for a moment, then chuckled. 

"Why are you asking?"

Good question, why are you asking? 

You shrugged. "People ask things," you said nonchalantly. 

You now realized that you sounded exactly like you what you were pretending to be: his wife. 

"I'm going to meet a friend, he's throwing  a housewarming party next week and wanted me to help him move some things in."

You were baffled. Jeon Jungkook, the guy who doesn't care about relationships unless it helps his image, helping his friend move in?

That was oddly surprising. 

And also kinda adorable, to be honest. 

He grabbed his keys and headed to the door. Right before going out, he turned to you and said, "Don't plan anything for next Friday." Then he left.

Did that mean you were going to the party together? 

Like those weird couples that do every single thing together? 

You shook your head, disgusted at the thought. 

The rest of the day was uneventful, apart from your daily phone call with Hoseok where he would tell you about things that happened at the bar and how he spent his day. 

Because it wasn't like you had anything special to tell about your day. 

On your way to Lotte World the next day, Jungkook was busy with anything else but driving. 

You started counting how many times he almost killed you today - it was three by the time you arrived - and swore that you would bake a cake if you even got to ten and still had all of your limbs attached. 

He parked the car and you got out. It was noon, but the queue was still endless. 

That was one thing you hated about adventure parks. 

Jungkook came around the car to you and took his phone out. A quick phone call later, you were inside without having to wait and he gave you a winning grin, to which you only shook your head.

"So, what do you wanna do first?", he asked. 

You raised your eyebrows surprised. "I thought we were just here for people to see that we spend time with each other."

"We are, but we should make it look realistic. Plus, we might as well have some fun. It's not every day that we go to amusement parks."

He was right, you could still enjoy the day. 

"Okay. Let's start off with something easy. How about bumper cars?"

You didn't know what you did wrong, because your suggestion caused a devilish grin on Jungkook's face. "Sure, let's go," he said. 

You soon found out why he looked like he was possessed by a bunny on coke. 

Jungkook had insisted you two get in two different cars, and you foolishly agreed. You thought that he might've found it weird if the two of you were sitting so close. 

In hindsight, you realized that this thought didn't even cross Jungkook's mind. 

"What the hell?", you screamed to yourself over the loud drumming music, trying to get away from his car as fast as possible. He's been following you for the past minutes, trying to make you bump into other people.

You could've sworn you heard him laugh, but it was impossible to distinguish him from the other people. 

The car in front of you crossed your way and not only did you bump into the guy and almost lost your neck, but Jungkook also bumped your car from behind and had you almost fall from your seat. 

This time you heard him laugh clearly. 

You turned around, ignoring the blonde dude in front of you and you were facing his car. He must've noticed that you were done playing because he stopped laughing and wiped away an imaginary tear. 

You accelerated, trying to push him into the corner, but he found a way out. 

"If you could drive your actual car like this we might have more chances of surviving than usual," you shouted over the music. 

"It's not like you can drive any better," he shouted back. 

You've had enough. You crossed his way, finally cornering and hitting him. Both of you were yanked in your seats and as the grand finale, the familiar trumpet-like sound announced that your round was done. 

"See? We'd both be dead if you drove like this," he mocked you.

You left your cars and got to the side, still lightheaded from all the run-ins with the other people. 

"I'd say I won," Jungkook said arrogantly when the two of you could finally walk straight. 

"That was not a competition."

"But if it was, I would've won."

"I had you cornered till the last minute!", you argued laughing. 

"What do you mean 'till the last minute'? More like in the last minute."

You shook your head, not discussing it any further.

Because technically, he was right, but you'd never admit it.