five

"Aargggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!"

"Alright, Chill. Chill. I know what's gonna calm you down." Mild said as he approach Gulf with big cones of ice creams on both his hands. They are now in the mall and entered an ice cream parlor. He awkwardly offers the other ice cream to the pissed Gulf. He knows that he is also one of the reasons why Gulf is so upset right now. And comforting him with an ice cream is his way of apologizing to him.

On the other hand, Gulf may be mad at Mild but that was only for a short time. He just can't get mad at his bestfriend for a long time, that's why. 

With brows almost sewed to each other, Gulf grabbed the ice cream and angrily took a bite on it. He looked at Mild who is still waiting for his cue. When Gulf looked at him-- stared at him, he knew Gulf already forgave him. So, he sat next to Gulf. 

"I really don't get why Podd is so obsessed with you lately. Tsk tsk. He has no clue that he just ruined your dream to be with your ultimate crush---"

"So, you're switching sides, again? You traitor!" Gulf said while glaring at his bestfriend who obviously said those just to compensate with his sins earlier.

"I mean, look at how his confidence overflows in him, right? By the way, why do you think Mew chose to sit beside Kaownah? You know, he's a bitch, too. I hate how he looks at everyone."

Gulf heaved a deep sigh. He knows the answer to that question. 

"Obviously, he's better than me. He's more decent than me. And he is not as loud as me, which he hates the most. Waaaaaaaah. P'Mew. Come back. I swear I will be better." Gulf said while whining. But even if he shouted those words, it will remain useless because he saw how firm and cold Mew's eyes were when he lifted his bag and left his seat. There's no way he'll return to him.

Suddenly, Mild's phone rang. 

"Oh, Gulf. I am afraid I have to leave you now. I think Mom's in a shopping spree, again. She's summoning me to the supermarket. Gotta go. We have assignment, right? Let me copy yours, okay?"

And before Gulf could even relay his protest, Mild is already gone. He remained seated until he finishes his ice cream. There were lots of things running on his mind, but most of them is about the possibility that instead of him, Mew would fall in love with Kaownah.

He's now finished his ice cream but he still doesn't want to go home. He's just playing with the napkins on the table. Until he came up with an idea.

He searched for a pen inside his bag. He carefully lays the napkin on the table, grabs the pen and writes something on it.

[G♥M]

He smiles at the marks he made on the napkin.

"That's better." 

Meanwhile, Podd happened to see Gulf inside an ice cream parlor.

"Wait. Is that Gulf?" He asked himself whilst looking at the guy. He immediately felt curious as he noticed that the guy he's looking at is smiling. He wanted to know the reason why he is smiling like that. Like, it was so refreshing. He can even watch him smile all his life if it's only possible but no.

Gulf stood and is now ready to go. Podd thought of approaching him but he didn't. He just watched Gulf made his way out. And decided to go to that parlor, instead. 

The staff is about to clean Gulf's table but Podd had stopped him. He wanted to check Gulf's table, hoping he will see something. And yes, he's right. He saw a napkin on the table. But the effect is not the same as Gulf's reaction upon seeing that napkin. Instead, Podd suddenly felt sad and he doesn't know why.

"G heart M." Podd reads the writings on it. He felt a sudden sting in his heart. He is sure that the G there stands for Gulf. But he has no clue for the M there. 

He gets a pen from his bag. At first, he is thinking of scribbling the whole note but instead, he did it on the M letter and put a P on it.

"This is much better." He smiles as he looks at it. He folds it and opens a notebook so he can put it in between the pages. And then he left.

The next morning.

"Why are you sitting there, Mew? You are supposed to be sitting beside Gulf, aren't you?" said Ms. Nan as she looks at the seating arrangement on the folder she is holding.

"Uhm. Miss, he wished to be seated here, instead. He doesn't want his seatmate." Said Kaownah who obviously doesn't want Mew to leave his side.

But Ms. Nan doesn't agree with this.

"I let you choose your seats. I even gave you an assignment so you will get along with your seatmates. And I don't accept this kind of behavior. Mew, go back to your seat, beside Gulf. And you, Podd, go back to your seat as well."

When Gulf heard what their teacher said, he felt happy but he shouldn't make it obvious.

"But Miss." both Kaownah and Podd protested. 

"No buts. Pick up your bag, Mew, and go back to your seat."

Mew has no choice but to follow their teacher's order. He picked up his bag and went back to his original seat. Kaownah was so annoyed when Mew left. 

"You heard Miss." said Mew while looking with an expressionless face at Podd. 

"Tsk." And Podd returned to his seat.

"Okay, exchange your assignments with your seatmates."

Right at that moment, Gulf felt his heart racing. 

"Exchange papers? Then, P'Mew and I will exchange our assignments? That's it, right? Oh gosh. Calm, my stupid heart. Pleaaaseee~"

"Here's my assignment, P'Mew." Gulf shyly looked at P'Mew. But the other lad took Gulf's notebook and exchanged it with his without even looking at him. But it's fine. Gulf is more than happy now that he's got Mew's notebook. He opened the notebook and was so mesmerized with the handwritten assignment of P'Mew. It's no special at all, it's just an assignment after all. But what makes it special is the beauty of his penmanship. It is really what hooked him. And seeing it on hand is totally on a different level.

When the checking is over, Gulf is about to return the notebook but he noticed that Mew is reading something at the back of Gulf's notebook.

"Shia! What is he reading there? Did I write something stupid there? I can't remember, shia."

"P'Mew, here is your notebook. G-give me back mine."

"You are making me nervous. Give it back, quick."

"Wait a minute." Mew said while still busy reading something on the notebook.

"No. P'Mew. Not another minute. Give it back already T_T. I am afraid you might read something you shouldn't. Aish. Why do I even have a habit of writing at the back of my notebook?"

Just as Gulf is about to forcefully get his notebook, Mew returned it casually. 

"What were you reading at the back of my notebook, Phi?" Gulf asked in between in his nervous voice, which actually almost cracked but didn't.

But instead of answering Gulf's question, he just raised his phone. 

"Was watching a game."

Gulf was relieved upon hearing that Mew read nothing for he is actually watching a basketball game on his phone.

"I thought you read something----"

"Something?"

"N-Nothing."

"Something? You mean, that you like me?" 

"WHAT??????"

***

Oh no. Someone is busted. 🙈🙊

Please vote and comment below. Thank you. See you next chapter. Xoxo.