nine

"Gulf, what are you still doing there? Let's go. They're probably waiting."

Gulf just finished sending Podd a message. It was already too late when he remembered that Podd invited him earlier. That it was his birthday. It totally slipped out of his mind because what's his most concerned about is the family dinner. He wants to be presentable in the eyes of everyone, especially Mew. It is funny how he took out all his favorite formal attires and try them all but still can't decide what to wear. Until he decided to wear a pair of dark-coloured jeans with a plain classic white shirt, topped with a blazer, and a pair of leather shoes to dress them up. He looks dashing enough.

He puts his phone in his pocket and checked himself once again in the mirror. The smile on his face that seems to be not fading away is what completes his attire. He's excited. This is the first time he will be having dinner with Mew. He only dreamed of this before but now it is becoming a reality.

"Let's go, Mom and Dad."

Both his parents are confused as to why he suddenly changed his mind. Usually, he refuses their invitation for the reason of he doesn't want to get bored there. But now, it was Gulf who informed them about the family dinner.

To be honest, Gulf is not fond of attending any such gatherings. He finds it such a drag. Why? He will meet people not of his age, but his parents'. Of course, where's the fun there? Plus, he's only gonna pair with their daughters which he hates the most. For the past three years, he already devoted himself to Mew, although the other guy doesn't know how he feels.

What does he do during the gatherings he missed with Mew's family? If he's not busy stalking Mew, he draws comic strips about the two of them. It has become his habit. Because whenever he draws them, he feels like so close with Mew. He can make Mew do the things he wants in reality. But the sad part of it is that, they're all part of his imagination.

"We're here."

He suddenly felt a mini heart attack when he heard of their arrival at Mew's house. He took a few deep breaths before he gets off their car. His parents are happy too to see their friends they haven't seen for a few months already.

"Oh goodness. This is it. I can't calm. I just can't."

Every step he makes as he enters the house feels so heavy. He himself doesn't know what is he feeling at the moment. Is it excitement? Happiness? Nervousness? Joy? He even thinks he's having a real heart attack this time.

"You're here."

Mew's parents welcomed them. Mew stands behind them.

"Is that P'Mew?!!??!?! He-- He is so handsome."

Mew is also wearing a smart casual wear just like him. But he is way more fancy, now that his hair is brushed up, exposing his sexy forehead.

"Welcome, Mom and Dad." Mew greeted and smiled at them.

Gulf was so surprised that Mew called his parents Mom and Dad. It was as if he seeing a scenario of his parents meeting with his boyfriend. He couldn't help his wild imagination run like that for he really wanted it as well.

"This could be the feeling when I get to introduce Mew to my parents as my boyfriend, right? Kyaaaah >___<"

"And to you, Gulf."

When Mew turned to him and greeted him, he felt that everything around them vanished, except for Mew and him. He's just staring at Mew smile. His heartbeat is no longer normal. It feels like someone implanted a bomb inside his chest, that any minute now, it will explode.