twenty eight

Gulf woke up the next day with puffy eyes. He cried all night as Mew's last words haunted him the whole night. He wanted to ran away. He wanted to stop the wedding. He wanted to go back to where his happiness lies, to where Mew is, but he can't.

His parents knocked on the door and he was interrupted from his train of thoughts. Right, he is now in the hotel where their grand wedding, though it only took a few weeks to organize, will be held. As he look at his parents, he is as if falling into a deep hole, he keeps falling and falling and there is nothing he can hold onto. He feels so helpless.

"Should I just run away?

Should I just bail on my own wedding day?

Should I just... kill myself?"

He shook his thoughts off as they no longer help, especially the last one.

"Son, you don't have to this. Stop torturing yourself. We both know how you feel. We both know that you don't want this wedding, and we know whom you wanted to get married with. And he is not Podd. Son—" His dad said with hopes that his son's mind, his son's decision would change. But instead of telling his dad that he wanted to run away from the mess he is about to enter, he just faked a smile, a fake assurance that he will be alright with his decision. That he will still do it anyway, even if he's dying on the inside.

"Dad, Mom, how was the company?" said Gulf while turning to the glass door of his room where the beauty of the city can be seen from where he is standing. His parents looked at each other as they try to find the answer for their poor son's question.

"Well, the sales has been doubled. No, I think it quadrupled. This is the first time that it happened and there are a lot of people who wanted to invest—"

But the words that are yet to come were cut off as Gulf turned to his parents and spoke.

"That's already enough for me. Mom, Dad, I'll go get prepared now." It was actually the cue for both his parents to leave the room, to leave him alone. And his parents are quick to catch up on that.

When they left, Gulf suddenly felt like slumping on his soft white bed. The wedding will be at 3 PM and it is already 12 PM. Three more hours before the wedding and then he will be facing the future he never imagined of. He wanted to stop the time. He wished he could erase the 3 PM on the clock so the time he hates the most would not come. But he needs to face the truth. In three hours time, he will be tied to someone he doesn't love at all.

While on that same day and time, Podd was visited by his father in his hotel room to check up on him. He was so happy that it came very obvious on his face which irritates Podd.

"Dad, I don't want this wedding. Let's just stop, please. Everybody is hurt. Gulf's parents. Gulf himself. Mew. And me, dad. Please?

I won't show up on my wedding. I can do that if I want to. Just leave everyone alone, dad. I knew you had other agenda from the get go. I knew you were planning something evil. If only I wasn't blinded by my desire of having Gulf, this wouldn't have happened. Dad, let's stop and bring everything back to its rightful place, please?"

A single tear slid down from Podd's eyes, followed by another one, and another one, until soon, a steady stream of salty tears flowed it's way down his pale cheek, releasing the pain and sorrow that has been held inside of him for all this time.

But the old man in his front looked at him with a horrified look on his face that soon turned into wicked laugh.

"No, no, no. You wanted this. I helped you. Why would you turn back on your words? We're already here. And remember what I told you? One click and everything will be back to zero."