Epilogue

Epilogue

            "Aunty Tare!" Sydney screeches, toddling into my parent's house.
            I stand up from my spot on the couch and grin, kneeling down and opening my arms, gladly accepting a hug from my beautiful little niece. Her smile grows wider and she throws herself to me and I pick her up and squeeze her tightly just as her dad walks in.

            "Hey Tara!" Oliver grins as he set a few bags on the floor of the foyer.

            "Hi," I greet, setting Sydney down and hugging my brother-in-law. He's wearing a sapphire blue shirt that once reminded me of a man's eyes but now the color barely registered as such.

            "Is Christian here?" He asks, tightening his black tie.

            "Yeah. Upstairs with Noah. Is Kara with you?" I ask, looking out of the door.

            "No, she dropped us off. Your mom wanted her to grab some more stuff because evidently some extra cousins are coming?" Oliver confirms.

            "Right, okay. Well Hazel and Daniel are taking care of Ezekiel in the living room—"

            "Zeke's here?!" Sydney squeals, as if baffled that her baby cousin was at a family event.

            "Yeah, and so is uncle Danny." I confirm for my three-year old niece. After pointing her in the direction that her other family members were, my phone buzzes.

            I answer the phone as Oliver makes his way up the stairs to join the fellow groomsmen.

            "Tara. I need you now. This is an emergency." Sadie whispers, "Your mother is going crazy because of the flowers—"

            "Say no more—I'll be right there." I confirm for my best friend. It's so nice that after years of her being there for me, I am finally the one to be able to assist her.

            I start up the stairs and as I turn the corner to my old room, I almost bump into Jenny.

            "Oh balls! I'm sorry!" Jenny curses under her breath as she steadies herself.

            "No problem, Jen. You look great."

            "You're so sweet – you still need to get into your dress Miss Maid of Honor!"

            "I know, my mom's gonna freak..."

            "Yeah, good luck with her. You'd think she'd be the one getting married in a few hours."

            "You should've seen her at Elaine's and at Kara's wedding."

            "Oh I can only imagine. Good luck with her." Jenny grins right before she makes her way downstairs.

            I make my way into my old room and gasp when Sadie turns around. She's just had her make-up done by her friend Celeste, and she looks breath-taking. Her dress still hangs up right by the window, and I can only imagine how beautiful she'll look when she puts it on.

            "Sade, you look beautiful." I gush, wrapping my best friend in a hug. "I don't know what Liam did to get such a beautiful bride-to-be."

            "You're gonna make me cry, Tare." Sadie whimpers as we step away from each other.

            "Tara!" My mother rushes into the room with two flowers in her hands. "What color are these delphiniums?"