xxxiii. Alley

SHE DIDN'T KNOW where she was running to

SHE DIDN'T KNOW where she was running to. There was no destination set in her mind as she ran past building by building, the only intent to get away from Jimin. She had no clue as what she would do or say to him when she gets back home, but she didn't even want to think about it.

As she ran into an alley, already completely drenched from head to toe by the pouring rain, she paused to take a breath. Her feet were cold, and were starting to hurt.

As she inhaled, she rubbed her face with her hands and started walking again, down the alley with only one streetlight shining on the street.

"Alice!"

Jimin?

Alice was about to turn behind her at the voice until she heard footsteps coming from her left, and she looked to see a man running toward her, an umbrella in hand. As he ran up to her, covering the two of them with the umbrella, she got a proper glimpse of his face, only to recognize it as Minjun.

"Minjun? What-?"

"What are you doing out in the rain?" He asked, worriedly as he hastily took his coat off, draping it over Alice's shoulders. She just continued to look at him in shock. "Are you okay? Is everything okay?"

"Y-yeah, everything's fine..." her voice trailed off as she glanced behind her, seeing an empty alley.

"Why are you out here walking alone at night in the rain?" Minjun questioned her softly.

"Um... I needed to get some air," she said unsurely. She couldn't exactly tell him that she had a fight with her roommate that Minjun didn't know existed.

"In the rain?" he chuckled.

"Yeah," she let out a fake laugh, looking down at her soaked shoes. Minjun had noticed her uneasiness and ceased his laughing.

"Alice, are you sure everything's okay?" He raised his eyebrows gently.

"No," she gave in and sighed. She needed to let out her emotions to someone. "I'm a mess, if you don't mind me being honest with you," she stated, fumbling with her fingers.

"Of course I don't mind. Tell me what's up," he said while leaning on one leg comfortably.

"Even if it hurts you?" She mumbled, but loud enough for him to hear. He was slightly taken back by her question, his curiosity peaked more.

"You come first," he smiled compassionately to her, causing her to look up at him and frown a bit.

"You're too good for me, and it makes me feel even worse about telling you," she let out a sigh, too ashamed to look at his face so she darted her eyes back to her shoes.

"There's another boy, huh?"

Alice widened her eyes a bit, looking up at him. "What?"

"I saw you walk out of that building," Minjun stated before tilting the umbrella up a bit to point his finger toward the apartment she had been staying at. "And Seokjin told me about you and Jimin's friendship before I started to like you, and I knew what I was getting myself into."