xxxix. Slow Dance

THEY HAD SPENT the night together again

THEY HAD SPENT the night together again. Except it was different; this time, they were holding each other, arms wrapped around the other and their hearts warm with comfort, instead of the uncertainty they had before when they slept beside each other. They both finally knew each other's feelings, after having it bottled up for almost eternity.

They were still holding each other when the sun rose. Even when Alice was the first to wake up, she didn't want to get out of bed without the warmth of Jimin's body.

He's so beautiful, she thought as her eyes traced along his face. She wasn't even aware she had started doing it, but her fingers began to caress along his cheek, earning a scrunch of his nose in response.

There his eyes opened, Alice being the first thing he sees. He could seriously get used to this.

"Good morning," he spoke up, his raspy morning voice at its peak as a small smile formed on his face.

"Morning," Alice replied, the sweet tone of her voice melting Jimin's heart. He began to stretch, releasing a loud yawn as his arm remained tucked under Alice's head.

"What are you doing today?" Jimin raised his eyebrows at her lazily.

"Just finishing some paperwork on the apartment," she said, causing his face to soften a bit at her words.

"You really are going to move?" he asked, a certain desperation in his voice that sent a pang of guilt to Alice.

"Jimin," she started to trace circles on his chest, "I think it's about time that I stop leaching off of you."

"But you're not-"

"You might not think so, but I do," Alice sighed and looked up at him. "I need to grow up a bit more and learn how to really do things on my own."

Jimin let out a sigh of defeat as he slipped his hand into Alice's, squeezing it as if it was the last time he was going to touch it.

"It's a bummer. I won't be able to see you everyday."

"It'll be just like before, when you would come in the morning and we'd watch movies all day," she reassured him.

"And get Chinese delivery," Jimin mumbled, causing a giggle to slip past her lips.

"Don't worry, I'll visit you too. At the studio, or here."

"Okay. I'm sure Hoseok-hyung will miss you a lot," he looked at her. "But not more than me."

Alice laughed at this before leaning it and presses a soft kiss on Jimin's lips, causing the butterflies in her stomach to erupt. Pulling away, she rested her head on his arm again.

"Let's go eat breakfast," Jimin suggested before he started to shift, but Alice stopped him by putting a hand to his chest.

"Wait," she raised her eyebrows at him. "Let's stay here a bit longer," she whined, before shifting closer to his chest.