xxxv. Promixity

IT WASN'T THAT much of a surprise to Alice when she found out Jimin was gone the next morning, having left for the studio an hour before Alice woke up

IT WASN'T THAT much of a surprise to Alice when she found out Jimin was gone the next morning, having left for the studio an hour before Alice woke up. That's what Hoseok said, at least.

"Okay," she nodded to Hoseok as she brought her cup of coffee to her lips. At that moment she didn't quite care if Jimin wasn't there, she didn't really want to see his face. It seems like that was the case all the time then. It made her wonder what happened to their friendship.

"Are you really moving out?" Hoseok asked her, his voice low and unsure. His tone of voice made Alice sigh, feeling a bit guilty for making him feel that way.

"It's not good for me or for Jimin that I live here any longer," she nodded slowly, looking down at her mug.

"I understand," he frowned. "It might take a bit longer for Jimin to understand, though. Ever since you started living here, he's changed."

"What do you mean?" She cocked an eyebrow up at his words.

"He's been happier, I mean, you're his best friend. You're closer to him than I am and I spend everyday with him," he let out a chuckle. "You're his best friend for life, he can't live without you."

Can't live without me... Alice took his words to heart. But how does Hoseok know that that's really the truth? Despite our constant fighting and arguing, can Jimin really not live without me?

Those thoughts remained in her mind as she went to work and school that day.

-

She was utterly exhausted when she got home. Her hours of sleep the night before got cut short by the roaming thoughts in her mind because of the events from the dinner, so she was functioning on only a few hours of sleep. She also had mountain piles of homework to do, and for once in her life she actually considered dumping her schoolwork out of her window.

As Alice began to prepare dinner, Hoseok had entered the front door at the same time. He looked exhausted as well, seemingly having a busy day at the studio. Since the boys were off tour, the only things they could do was work, work, and work. Whether it was dancing, recording, writing, producing, photo shoots, commercials, whatever, they always had a full schedule. It was only rare that they would have a day off, and Alice didn't know how they had been managing to do that for 7 years. Meanwhile, she couldn't even focus in class over 5 hours of sleep.

"Alice!" Hoseok called out from the door as he took his shoes off, taking her out of her thoughts. "Jimin told me he doesn't need dinner because he's staying at the studio late!"

"Okay!" Alice replied, mentally sighing.

Why is he spending the entire day at the studio? Is he trying to avoid me? She thought.