Chapter 2

Oh my head. I rolled over groaning, then wincing in pain remembering the bruise on my side. I slowly sat up, taking in the room I was in. I knew it as one of the guestrooms at Harry's. The sunlight pouring in through the window, a glass of water on the side table beside me. I took a sip of water, allowing myself to adjust to the room, then noticing that Mason was sleeping on the other side of the bed, he was on top of the covers with a light blanket though while I was under the actual bed coverings. It was a queen size timber bed, the room quite large with the bed in the middle of the room, matching timber side tables and a small wardrobe. The window was narrow, floor to ceiling and view of, well of the driveway. I found my phone also beside me, a text from Kara waiting for me.

Hey girl, sorry I ditched. Met a handsome fella, Mason assured me you were in good hands. Ttyl xo

I was pretty used to this happening after parties. The first few times I would get mad at her for ditching, but finally I got used to it. Groaning, I made my way out of bed stumbling to the bathroom. After doing my business, I splashed my face with water, looking at myself. I never drink this much, what was I thinking. Suddenly I had flashbacks to the questioning about Garret, then the alcohol.

Drying my face, I then couldn't help but check the state of the bruise on my ribs, lifting my top up, I looked in the mirror seeing the blue and purple that was starting to yellow around the sides. I sighed, feeling around the sides when suddenly the bathroom door opened. I quickly lowered my top and turned to see the mysterious blonde guy that was standing alone by himself last night.

"What the hell? Heard of knocking?" I said frustrated. He looked at me, then to my ribs where the bruise is and back up to my eyes, this time I saw a hint of concern in his eyes, but only for a moment, his expression not changing the whole time. I could now see that he had brilliant blue eyes that I couldn't see in the darkness last night. He was tan, like he spent his life on the beach and I was right about the muscles. 

"Sorry, I didn't know anyone else was awake" he said.

"Who are you anyway? Only Harry's close friends stay over, I've never seen you before."

"I'm his cousin, I just moved to stay with his family" I nodded at this new information, not really sure what to say. 

"Are you ok?" he asked. Glancing again at my ribs.

"I'm fine. Just knock next time. I could have been naked or still on the toilet" I said annoyed, before making my way past him and back to the room before he had a chance to even reply. I was annoyed at him, but at the same time he made me feel.. strange. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I'm sure it wouldn't matter as I probably wouldn't see him much. 

Walking back into the room I sat on the bed again just as Mason began to stir. I looked over at him as he looked at me with a goofy grin. "Oh noooo, what did I do?" I asked, burying my head in my hands. 

He laughed, "you just drank a lot, I brought you to bed before you could do anything too silly"

"So why are you grinning like I did something stupid?"

"Oh you mean like asking me to be your first?" I felt my cheeks heat up as I threw myself onto my back dramatically, my hands still covering my face. 

"Yeah, you also wanted me to kiss you. Don't worry though, I don't take advantage of drunk girls" He continued, laughing softly. 

I groaned loudly, I mean Kara and I had always discussed the option that if I really get desperate Mason is seriously cute, but in reality, I couldn't even imagine myself kissing him, let alone sleeping with him.