Chapter 6 ~ The Leaky Cauldron

You managed to get a job at some muggle shop, just for something to do in the summer, working part-time there. Walking home you open your door and sit on the couch.

"Hello" you mumble. An owl had perched on your TV and on the floor lay a letter, opening it you realise it was from Snape.

Dear (y/n), I would like to take up your offer to meet at some point. How about in two weeks on the 28th at the leaky cauldron, 1 pm.

Severus.

You smile and write a reply, accepting his offer and giving it to the owl. It hooted and you gave it some bread and it flies off.

You smile, putting the letter up on the notice board and flumping down on the couch you laze around. "Wonder what made him change his mind," you think before falling asleep.

Soon the 2 weeks wait was over and you walked to the Leaky Cauldron. You order a drink and sit, looking around to try and see Snape. He wasn't there yet. So sipping your drink you sit and read the paper, you look and Snape had appeared in front of you.

"Seems like your diary cleared," you say.

He smiles and take a sip "Yeah" he said "I'm sorry I a little unpleasant" he mumbled.

You put your hand on his and smile "I understand, your stressed"

He slightly smiles and takes your hand. "I have been reflecting" he said, playing with your hands gently. "I have been mourning for, for Lily for so long. I should really get out of my negative cycle, and move on. Because someone else, when I was bullied and harassed, who also taught me what love and kindness is, and always was there for me". He looked up at you, his eyes where gently twinkling "I may not be the most affectionate and cheerful. But I. I think I love you (y/n)."

You put down your glass and stare at Snape. He looked almost like a lost puppy but his eyes conveyed his love for you.

"I have always loved you" you murmured. "But I never thought that you would love me be back." you look down, wiping a tear from your eye. Snape lifts your chin and places a gentle kiss on your lips.

"Somehow, it took me to spend time with you to remember how I felt about you"

You smile widely as he let goes of your chin and gazes at you.

Flash back~

"He's looking at you again" your brother Joseph said.

You see Severus looking at you again from the other desk, going red you turn round. He had been looking at you more as Lilly had been spending more time with James.

"I think it's cute" you mumble and your brother laughs.

"I think it's creepy" Joseph mutters.

"You don't know him like I do" you say "He's really nice."

"What you have a crush on him?"

You were about to say yes but professor Flitwick told you to be quiet.

You had been with Severus enjoying each other's company in the leaky Cauldron, not realising how the time had gone, and soon it had become night and the barman was clearing up.

You stand and walk out with Snape out into the rain.

"I must go home" Severus said "but, have enjoyed this very much" he said. Leaning down he kissed you gently on the cheek before briskly walking away.