Chapter 31 ~ I'm Sorry

Severus fell. He looked nocked out. Not-

You quickly point your broom down and catching up to him you haul him onto the broom. He slumped against you and you land the broom.

Severus had been hit with a binding spell. A weak one but it meant he could not move.

You start to cry over him, stroking his dark hair gently. "I'm sorry." you whisper. Checking your wand you see you had put a small body bind curse on him and you sighed in relief.

"Reparifors" you say and Severus gets up. You pounce on him, hugging him close to you and sobbing.  "Im so sorry Severus. I didn't know it was you. I thought I killed you"

"It is alright" Severus said, patting you.

"But you could have died." you said, tears in your eyes.

"It is not the first time,"he said sadly.

Severus got up and was about to leave when suddenly hear a thump. Someone had hit the ground. You go over to see mad eye moody. Dead.

You start to sob. You had known him since the day you started at the ministry. He was kind to you when so many others hated you.

You feel arms wrap around you and you are being pulled back.

"No, we need to take him and have a proper burial with the order" you whisper.

"we must go. The battle is over" Severus said. "I'm sorry"

"We can't just leave him"

"We have no other choice. Let us bury him here"

You turn away from his body and into Severus who pulls you away. With a flick of your wand, you dig a long hole and gently Severus placed Moody into it. You placed the dirty back onto Moody and bow your head.

"There will be more casualties" Severus whispered. "We must stay strong."

You nod. "Goodbye," he said, kissing you before Apparating away.

You watch him go and taking a hold of your broom you apparate to the burrow.

Apparating just outside the protective barrier you walk through it and to the door. Knocking on it you see a curtain open and Lupin pounced out of the door.

"what was the meal we had in celebration of your proposal and who proposed?" Lupin shouted, his wand pointed at you.

"What?" you ask confused.

"Answer the question"

"Um, it was Severus and we had a roast cooked by Molly" you stutter.

Lupin puts his wand down and hugs you. "I saw you fall" he said.

"Yeah" you say. "I'm safe. But Moody. He's dead. I-I buried him with Severus."

"With Severus?" Harry asked as you came inside "he Betrayed us."

"I hit him. I couldn't let him die" you said.

"if you did the world would be a much happier place." Harry hissed.

You look shocked. "I am still your teacher. And as your teacher, I will put -10 points to Griffindor for that remark"

Harry looks annoyed at you and you shrug. "sorry Potter, school rules."