Chapter 14 ~ Another Year Gone

You woke up and felt warm arms immediately wrap around you. Disorientated, you look around confused. "Welcome back (y/n)" Severus whispered in your ear. "I...I missed you." he kissed your forehead and you looked up at Dumbledore who cheeky winked at you before walking to Harry and Ron who stood around Hermione's bedside.

"What happened?" you ask confused.

"You where Petrified by the Basilisk who came from the chamber of secrets," Severus said simply "But Potter killed it yesterday."

You look up confused. "How could a second-year boy defeated the servant of Salazar Slytherin?" you wonder.

Snape leaned closer to you "Godric Griffindor's sword revealed itself to him. But I think it was mostly dumb luck... " he said and you nod.

Severus let you go and you stand up, stretching your aching limbs.

"Hello!" you hear behind you. You turn to see Lockheart standing there with a dazed expression. "who are you?"

"I'm (y/n)...." you say confused.

"Nice to meet such a beautiful woman as you (y/n)" Lockheart said smiling.

You look at Severus, a flash of possessiveness was in his eyes as he tapped Lockheart lightly on the shoulder. "Shouldn't it be time that you lie down?" he says gently with undertones of malice.

"Yeah, i. Think so too" Lockheart says and collapses into a bed and tucks himself in.

"Weasly's wand backfired on him" Snape explained. "He has been labelled a fraud since Potter and Weasly attested to him saying that he steals the stories and then obliviates the witch or wizard."

"I always knew he was fake in some way" you murmured. "Under his charm was nothing but fakery."

You had tried your best to catch up your students to the missed work but they were understanding and told you funny stories of Snape covering for you, as he did not understand the syllabus and got frustrated as students corrected him over most stuff.

Soon the term ended with relaxation, as you didn't have to stress over exams with your students. You spent more time with Severus, mostly now either being in his office, the teacher common room or your office. He seemed to dote upon you, always looking out for you in the hallways.

You pack up your things and you sigh. Another year gone. You decide to look out for Potter properly next year, seeing it was two years in a row and to also remember your friend Lilly.

You hear a knock on your door and Dumbledore walks in, he smiles. "(y/n)" he says "we have decided its best to retire Professor Bins as teacher for history of magic. There aren't many history of magic teachers, but I know you passed with top marks. I wondered if you would take the job?" he asks.

You think for a bit. "Yeah, why not," you say.

Dumbledore smiled "Great" he smiled. "Also, you will need to file some paperwork with Severus" he winked and left the room.

"You old matchmaker" you think giggling.

You go home and don't take your summer job, instead just relaxing after an odd year.

You had written to Severus through most of it but decided it would be best to not stay with him.