The Night Before the Harvest Moon (Part 3)

Poppy and Branch snuck through the lava-lit city in their dark outfits.

However, they were seen by Debbie.

She started snarling at the duo.

They knew she might wake the others.

To calm her down, they revealed themselves to her and gave her some of the meat they had.

Debbie immediately quieted down and started munching.

Poppy and Branch sighed with relief and continued on their mission.

It took a while, but they had managed to leave a present for everyone in Volcano Rock City, including Barb.

They were just about to leave when suddenly...

Branch stepped on a fake stone in the ground.

And that set off a huge amount of hidden alarms!

Barb immediately woke up and spoke over the intercom.

"Attention, intruders! You have just set off an alarm system that was just installed last week! And when I find you, you'll wish you were never born!"

Poppy and Branch quickly went into hiding.

Branch frantically asked himself, "Why didn't I know about the new alarm system?!"

Poppy said, "Let's not freak out. I'm sure Barb will understand what we were trying to do."

However, Branch replied, "But, I don't want anyone else to know I'm the Giver. I'm not ready to reveal myself! Not yet! We have to get out of here before she finds us!"

Poppy couldn't stand to see Branch like that, so she agreed to help him escape.

They saw they weren't too far from the sleigh.

But, they knew it would be a challenge with searchlights and man-hunting critters.

Barb then shouted, "Come out, come out wherever you are! I know you won't get far! Rhyming was unintentional!"

Barb then started to let loose some more critters to hunt down the intruders.

Branch said to Poppy, "There's only one way out of this; We have to create a diversion."

Poppy already came up with an idea.

Barb was hanging on tight to a leash attached to a man-hunting critter when it caught whiff of something and started barking like crazy.

"What is it, Brutus? You got something?"

She saw a shadow trying to escape.

"Hey! Stop! The Queen of Rock commands it!"

The shadow kept going.

She signaled the critters to go after it.

The critters chased the shadow all over the place until they finally had it cornered.

Barb approached it with a light, "Time to see who we're dealing with!"

However, when she shined a light on the shadow, it was...

"Debbie?!"

Debbie was dressed in a long cloak to make it look like they were chasing a Troll.

Meanwhile, Branch and Poppy were able to get out of Volcano Rock City without being noticed.

Branch said, "That was close."

Poppy then said as they drove the sleigh away, "I wish I could see the looks on everyone's faces when they wake up to find a surprise!"

***

The next morning, everyone was surprised, but a bit confused by the unexpected gifts.

Luckily, Poppy sent out a letter to every kingdom.

"If you've woken up to find an unexpected present in your home, let me reassure you that there's nothing to worry about. Come to Pop Village where I will explain everything."

***

Pretty soon, Pop Village was filled with other Trolls with questions.

Poppy explained how a mysterious Troll leaves gifts on the night of the harvest moon and how while they've always done it Pop Village, he or she might've decided to expand the gift-giving to the other kingdoms.

Everyone was then excited to open their presents.

It was clear that they loved the gifts the Giver gave them.

Barb then realized something, "This Giver guy could be the guy who trespassed into our city last night."

Branch and Poppy made worried glances.

Then, Barb said as she unwrapped some new guitar picks, "I gotta remember to turn off the security system on the next harvest moon."

They both then sighed with relief.

Trollzart then asked after he unwrapped his new snow globe with a piano, "Why would the Giver want to remain a mystery?"

Poppy answered, "Let's just say that the Giver may just want to stay connected with the Troll community but not want to get bothered by it all the time."

Poppy then turned to face Branch, who smiled at her.

Poppy smiled back.

And every Troll enjoyed opening their gifts.