12

"It appears you've done our work for us," I immediately recognize the voice as Jane. I've never meet the Volturi personally but I have seen them in my Fathers memories. They exist because we allow them too. In dads words "They do the work I don't have time for".

They emerge out of the mist and the smoke. The Volturi. Jane and behind her, Felix, Demetri and Alec. So I guess Aro just sent his lap dogs?

Jane asses the scene, looking Bella up and down as well. "Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact," her voice is monotone but she has a smile on her face.

"We were lucky," Carlisle smiles trying to ease the tension.

"I doubt that," She says squinting her eyes and turning her head to the side.

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight," Alec says looking around at all the burning vampires.

"Yes. It's not often we're rendered unnecessary," Jane says sounding a little disappointed just barely though.

"If you'd arrived a half hour ago, you would've fulfilled your purpose," Edward glares but remains passive. If he started a fight I would finish it, but I don't think he wants to be Bella in harms way again today.

"Pity," Jane sighs. Her wonder for a few seconds before they land on Bree. "You missed one," She says sound amused.