15

I sit with Jacob and he smiles up at me faintly. "Hey nurse," he tries to joke.

"Leave the jokes to me until I finish healing you," I smile and he attempts to smile back and nod.

"Is this gonna hurt?" He asks with a scared expression.

"No, Jacob, I might not like you very much but I truly only want the best for you," I grab his hand and interlace our fingers.

"Friends?" He asks trying to smile.

"Yeah sure. I promise when I start it'll feel like you're getting a massage in a hot tub," I giggle. "Fracta ossa faciunt mends, pulmone respiret me," I chant as the red mist surrounds his body. I listen to him sigh in relief as his pain vanishes. "Fracta ossa faciunt mends, pulmone respiret me," I chant again and I watch as his body temperature visible cools down. My magic slowly returns to my body and when it does Jacob tries to sit up but I push him back down gently. "I healed you, but your gonna be bruised for a little while," I explain.

"Thank you," he smiles. I grab my bag off the floor and get out a small vile and herbs. "What's that?" He asks pointing to the ingredients.

"I'm making you a special medicine, your shapeshifter blood is going to try and speed up your healing but since I used magic it's unnecessary. This will balance everything out," I smile. He nods and I get to work. Bella enters the room and I have to listen to their whole tragic love triangle drama.

"Hey, Jake," Bella says gently.

"Hey. I was worried about you," he smiles excitedly.

"You were worried about me?" She asks with a chuckle.

"Yeah. I guessed Edward would read my thoughts. Was he hard on you?" He asks seriously. I obviously missed something.

"He wasn't even mad at me. Or you," She says seriously. Did she pull an Elena and kiss him?

"Well, damn. He's better than I thought," he chuckles unamused.

"He's not playing a game," she says defensive.

"Right. Bella... He's not as perfect as you think," he chuckles bitterly. I growl at him and he smiles at me "no offense gorgeous," he smiles and I roll my eyes. I'm pretty sure he knows how uncomfortable I get with other people flirting with me even if it's just playfully.

"I know who he is. I must not talk about that," Bella says ignoring our side conversations

"I'd rather get all the rebreaking done at once," he says sarcastically.

She carefully sits next to him on the bed. "I'm sorry, Jake. But it's like... Sam imprinting on Emily. I never had a choice with Edward," she tries to explain. Not quite the same Bella but ok.

"That's crap. You're not a wolf, remember?" Jake chuckles sarcastically.

"Still. It's what it is," she says trying to get her point across.

"At least I know I did everything I could. Wasn't easy making you admit your feelings for me," he smiles. She did what now?! That's just cruel! Boy puppy boy.

"I only fought them, because I know they wouldn't change anything," she says seriously interlacing their fingers. I cough and 'accidentally' push her hand away from him. It's not fair to keep messing with the poor boy.

"I'm exactly right for you, Bella. It would be as easy as breathing with me," he says starting to sound very annoyed.

"You know I love you," she smiles. She needs to stop! She's knows who she wants and she needs to stop saying stuff like that to him.

"You know how much I wish it was enough," he scoffs with a smile.

"Should I come back?" She asks after a long period of silence.

"I need some time. But I'll always be waiting," he says with a reassuring smile.

"Until my heart stops beating," she jokes.

"Maybe even then," he smiles.