| foreword |

B O O K C O V E R

B O O K  C O V E R

S U M M A R Y

One glance at Mason Foster and you expect him to be a normal sixteen-year-old boy. Apart from the bad boy aura he gives off, the cigarettes he holds between his teeth and how his ego is a bit too inflated for everyones liking, Mason is a typical teenager. But there's a catch. Nobody sees the pain hiding behind his eyes. Nobody sees the secrets buried deep within his broken smile. Nobody sees the demons slowly eating his mind away. And nobody ever sees what goes on inside the Foster household.

Carrie McDermott has her own problems. With her controlling, obsessive boyfriend practically stalking her after moving countries with her family, she doesn't have time to deal with the blue-eyed bad boy with the bruised face and split knuckles next door, however charismatic and alluring he is.

Every interaction between the two always ends up spiralling out of control and turning into something out of a dramatic soap opera. But what happens when Carrie begins to get an insight into the darkness holding Mason captive and the reasons behind his actions? What happens when their lives begin to entwine far more deeper and further than either one of them ever intended?

W A R N I N G

This story contains content that could be triggering for some readers. If any of the topics listed below make you uncomfortable please don't feel obliged to continue reading.
- strong language
- verbal and physical abuse
- violence
- mentions of self harm (not graphic)
- suicidal ideologies and intentions
- depression & anxiety